LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-02-2001, 11:58 PM   #1
Terry

Default ID help revisited

Originally, this was under "I need help to ID my gun." I reposted this since my original message was moving off the page and no one had replied to my follow-up. I realize you all may not have any new info, so if no one posts, I apologise for taking up the space. Thanks again for the info.

Terry

All,

Regarding the gap indicating a replaced artillary barrel: There is a gap between the end of the receiver and the start of the barrel (at the bottom), as viewed from inside the chamber with the action open. There is also a large "notch" at the top, intersecting both the barrel and receiver. Not sure if this is what you were asking. There is no "punch mark", like on the bottom (outside) of the barrel.

Regarding the sear safety vs a mag safety: I'm not sure what kind of safety it has. It's a thumb lever that moves up and down. The only obvious difference between "safe" and "fire" is a small piece of metal that rises on the left side and disrupts the firing pin by keeping a spring from moving part of the slide to the left.

Regarding the police stamp on the mag: The mag has another symbol besides the serial #, but it looks the the American version of the cursive "p", not a 1, 2 or 3.

Regarding property numbers: The rear grip strap has a number that differs from the gun's serial #, it's an 11, but the second digit differs from the first (like a different font punch was used).

If this doesn't answer the question, what do I look for to determine the type of safety it has?

Also, is there 1 definitive resourse that would give al this info in a consolidated volumn? Thanks again for all the help and info. You guys rock!!

Terry

Unread 10-03-2001, 10:57 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Terry, most of your answers are found in a Luger E-book...

regarding the "P" stamp on the mag, does it look like this photo? IF so, I think others here can confirm that this mag is of swiss commercial origin...

-John Sabato

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/swiiss.jpg
Unread 10-03-2001, 11:26 PM   #3
Terry

Default Re: Terry, most of your answers are found in a Luger E-book...

Thanks again, to you and all who helped. I'm looking forward to "talking" to you all again.

Terry