LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-06-2001, 11:15 PM   #1
Ted
User

Default Hey GT

Working on your Navy tonight! Nice strawing! lol! Really nice mechanically too! SWEET! Rear sight appears to be rust blued! SWEET! Ted

Unread 03-06-2001, 11:24 PM   #2
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,582 Times in 989 Posts
Default You have to love Navy shooters!! :)

Hi Ted! The straw you did for me earlier has held up well! The half white / half blue pistol I sent back with you certainly needs some Green Magic!! I am really interested in how you think it shoots...it shot a mile high for me....(have to realize it is made from reject parts, except for the rear sight) Have Fun! till...later...G.T.

Unread 03-07-2001, 08:52 AM   #3
tom heller

Default Re: You have to love Navy shooters!! :)

GT, The reason that your "Navy Shooter" is shooting high may be that you are using a low front sight base barrel with your Navy rear sight. Two solutions to this problem, the less expensive (about $20) is to install a much higher Scandahovian front sight blade. The other would be to install a correct high front sight base barrel. I do have these new in the white @$75. Tom

Unread 03-07-2001, 09:02 AM   #4
Ted
User

Default Re: You have to love Navy shooters!! :)

I am bluing the frame and barreled reciever on Thursday!

NICE GUN GT! Will be sending you some befores! Ted

Unread 03-07-2001, 01:02 PM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Ted, please post both the befores and afters!

I personally like to the see the befores and afters taken from exactly the same pose and angle...

-John

Unread 03-07-2001, 01:13 PM   #6
Ted
User

Default Re: Ted, please post both the befores and afters!

Befores have already been taken, and weapon is about 1/3 done already! A lot of the close ups wont be taken after because they serve no purpose! If there is somehting specific you want to see (like the rear sight) I can do that for you!

Unread 03-07-2001, 01:45 PM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default I think that the close-ups after Do serve a purpose Ted

I submit that they show the whole world (literally)the actual magic that you are capable of performing. It would be good for your business. Why don't you set up some albums at Photopoint.com and post before, during, and after portfolios of each your restoration projects and then just put a link on your home page to the your 'work' album.

They wouldn't cost you anything but your time and you would have what would amount to a "public" resume of your work, ...a history of Luger restorations at your hands.

The other advantage is that your photos would allow all those that are interested worldwide to see examples of different variations of Lugers from the comfort of their computer keyboard. And there are many places in the world that don't enjoy the freedom of firearms ownership that we enjoy. I am sure that the folks who live in places like the UK would love to have the chance to examine classic firearms up close even if they can't touch them.

Just place a caveat that any commercial use of your photos must be approved by the copyright owner (that would be you)in writing in advance. Whatchyathink? Huh?

-John