LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-22-2001, 08:52 PM   #1
Big Norm
RIP

Default GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS

I just got my news letter from the Ohio Gun Collectors Association (OGCA). They are moving the show from the IX Center at the airport to Wilmington, Ohio (I-71 & US68). This is in Southern Ohio and about a 5 hour drive one way for me from the Detroit area. It breaks my heart to think that the next few shows might be my last. I loved that show. I loved the displays that they periodically had by unknown collectors of this and that. Some guys had some really great displays. I loved talking to the strangers that I met in the cafateria area. I really started me on my luger collecting binges. If I can't make it, I will surely miss it.

The good news is that the gun guys in that part of Ohio will have a better opportunity to see two good gun shows. The Louisville, Kentucky show and the OGCA show. But the bad news is that the guys in Michigan will have little in the way of real class act shows.

Unread 06-22-2001, 09:01 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Well at least you have shows....

I hate to hold my breath between MA gun shows.

Unread 06-22-2001, 09:13 PM   #3
Thor
User

Default Re: Well at least you have shows....

ME too, we have two big shows (600 tables is big, yeah right its laughable) when you consider the 2000+ table shows like Tulsa, Houston, etc! The last one I went to I saw a couple of Luger holsters that were priced double what they should have been and a very few realy poor Lugers for mint Luger prices, no joy there. I did buy an excellent ++ P.38 at 98% for $275 so I did steal that one! It was import marked so it was not that collectable, but I sure liked it! Thor

Unread 06-22-2001, 10:11 PM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

Well, it wasn't just the shows. It was the meeting of the people. I am quite a yakker and I bent the ears of a lot of nice strangers. A lot of those strangers were the people who had the displays. They were proud of their displays and I liked them too. Man, there were some nice old guns and other neat stuff there. The OGCA people did themselves proud.

Big Norm

Unread 06-22-2001, 10:28 PM   #5
Johnny Peppers
User

Ted,

The Tulsa show is closer to 4000 tables (3700 advertised) than 2000, and is held in an 11 acre building that is crammed full. It now draws international collectors as well as collectors from all over the US. It is a 6/7 hour drive for me, but really worth it.

Unread 06-22-2001, 11:17 PM   #6
Thor
User

I will Try to make the next on in October