LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
adlerauger
User

Default Achtung, achtung!!

I stopped by one of the Turner Sporting Goods stores today to check whether or not they had any Fiocchi .30 cal Parabellum.
The store in question is in the San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles. When I went up to the ammo counter I noticed several "official" looking signs hanging in front of the ammo shelves.
It was a notification that per a Los Angeles City law, all sale of ammunition beginning 25 December through the 31st were prohibited! Turner's has been requiring fingerprints to buy ammunition for a long time now but this went way beyond mere inconvenience. I would bet a large amount of money that this law will be trotted out and posted again for the 4th of July, and whatever other holiday the L.A. City Commisars can target.
At present it applies only within the CITY limits and not the COUNTY, but as many of you know, starting in February 2011, fingerprinting to purchase ammunition will be mandatory throughout the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. I have not, nor will I ever buy anything from any of the Turner Sporting Goods stores. I would hope others would follow that course.
In closing, does anyone living in or around Los Angeles know where to get .30 Parabellum ?? If so, and if you wouldn't mind revealing it, please let me know.
Sorry for the rant.
Adler Auger
adlerauger is offline   Reply With Quote