LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 08-15-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
Doug33
New User

Post Pricing Help

I am being offered a couple of Lugers which I am considering buying for my collection, but I do not know much about current values and I'm no expert on Lugers in general! :-) If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it! Here is the descriptions I have:

One is a Krieghoff Luger. No import marks, 1937 manufacture, 4" bbl, upper 8000 serial number. All matching except for the magazine, original finish, 98%+ condition.

The other is a DWM 1906 model made for the Swiss police, with Swiss holster. No import marks, approx. 4.5" bbl?, not sure yet of the serial no.. All matching, mags have wood base and no numbers, original finish, 98%+ condition.

I haven't seen them yet so I am relying on the descriptions provided and don't have any extra info right now. Prices aren't cheap, but if they are as described they sound like premium pieces! Thanks!

Doug
Doug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2002, 08:00 PM   #2
kidvett
User

Hi there,

CONDITION is everything.....Matching nos, original finish, bore condition...all play a big part in the value of the pistol....Get a good look at them, seek help from fellow collectors....you're talking GREAT PIECES HERE...

kidvett [img]cool.gif[/img]
kidvett is offline   Reply With Quote