LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 06-17-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
Herb
User

Default Neat items on Ebay

Some rare items just popped up in the newly listed section---
http://search.ebay.com/luger_Militar...2QQsacatZ13956
Unread 06-17-2005, 10:13 PM   #2
drbuster
User

I know that it has been common to see "bad mouthing" about ol' Revshop, but this stuff just looks too good to be bad. Maybe we should re-think our opinions as just "mouthwash", unless all these good things turn out to be less than good.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

doc, I think he has lots of good stuff, I have bid on a couple of items this year, usually been outbid, just beleive buyer beware.

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
Pete Ebbink
User

One or two LF members are bidding on the carbine holster/pouch...the leather looks awfully new with no patina/age/darkening to be from the 1920-30's as Kontos' e-Bay ad states...

RevShop = MidWest Firearms = Kontos

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...540370996&rd=1
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
Kenny
New User

Default Pete Ebbink

HI Everyone:

I'm glad to see that someone 'see's the light' about my fine WWI & II accessories that I'm selling on eBay. I have been collecting and selling these items for over 30 years and know quality items when they are presented to me and then I offer them for sale to collectors like you.
I have traveled all over the world to find collectable items for your needs.
My current inventory is over 400 automatic pistols, 1000 Luger magazines, hundreds of P-38 mags, and lots of accessories.

Certain forum members do not know me, but believe what they read on this forum, however they should not believe the negative press about me, my business, or the items I have listed. Some moderators become self proclaimed experts, they are not. Some of them have just a few years of collecting or less in their resume. I have owned more than 5000 Luger pistols and have gained knowledge from each one.

If you like my items, bid on them. If you win them, and don't like them, I'll refund your money. I do have a return policy listed in my auctions. And just like every dealer out there, I do have 4 day inspection period on pistols as well. www.midwestfirearms.com

I do have many fine quality items and find that nearly 100% of buying customers are happy with their purchase. Check my feedback!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=revshop

I do see the value of having a forum to gain knowledge about the field, but I do not like the libelous statements that some members make. I do not believe that was the intent that John Dunkle had when he put up this site.

Ken Kontos, Midwest Firearms, Revshop
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #6
drbuster
User

Thanks for your post, Ken. One should stick up for what one KNOWS is right!
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005, 06:59 AM   #7
LU1900
User

Well gentlemen
I bought some item from ken shop : very good contact by mail and original item , without any problem in sending or other...
Unread 06-21-2005, 12:58 PM   #8
Pete Ebbink
User

Ken,

Please make us all a little smarter and provide some documentation/provenance to your claim that this piece is Swiss from the 1930-40's era.

I have asked quite a few Swiss collectors in CH, some that have even served in the military and one who writes for a gun magazine in Europe...and none think this piece is as you indicated :

From e-Bay Ad : " WWII Rare Luger Holster 1906/24 Swiss Canvas / Leather Rig, complete with Wood Bottom 8 round magazine, Serial #3. 06/24 Swiss magazine. Beautiful Combination leather and green canvas. Very Rare and like new condition. "

Also...the carbine holster rig you indicated is 80+ years old...how do you explain the almost new appearance of the leather on the underside of the closure flap. The stitching sure does not appear to be period-correct either :

From e-Bay Ad : " WWII Luger 1902 or 1920 Carbine Scabbard Rig. Mfg in the 1920-1930 era. Commercial manufacturer. Very well made. Hold the gun and stock to carry over shoulder. Complete with original carbine cleaning rod. Marked "G&W Co."

Regards,

Pete...
Unread 06-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
Aaron
Banned

I don't know if this comment belongs here or if it should be in a new thread. Anyway, since it is partially directed at Kenny, I'll keep it here. When I have an item to sell, especially one which would be of interest to a Luger collector (or any other military collector), I put a price on it and list it in one of the collector forums. What is this selling on eBay all about? Is it an effort by the seller to squeeze every last cent out of a buyer? Isn't it enough to just set a price on an item and deal directly with a purchaser? If one of my items doesn't sell on a collector forum I move it on to Guns America for a direct sale. I do not use any of the auction sites. And now i would like to ask Kenny this: Since you have all these wonderful items for sale, why don't you just list them for sale on a website and ask the price you think you should get? I know that listing items on eBay is a real hassel. You have to keep an eye on what's going on, constantly wondering what the final price will be, and with multiple listings it can turn out to be a full time job. And then of course, there is that commission you have to pay eBay. Have you ever tried direct sales on a collector forum? Maybe you should try it. And you might get a lot more customers who think auctions are for suckers. But then again, I suppose there are people who just enjoy the cat and mouse game of taking part in an auction.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005, 03:03 PM   #10
Kenny
New User

Ebay has been my method of selling these items for the last few years. It has worked well for my business. I have tried other sites and lists, however, you just don't get the exposure that Ebay gives you. My web site lists many items for sale as well.

These items pictured above as well as others are up for bid on eBay and if a potential bidder has a questions on the item, they just click on "Ask Seller a Question". See links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Just look to the right side of the listing to see "Ask Seller a Question". That is how I'll leave it with these two items the moderator is questioning. If you are interested in these items or any of my items, please email me thru eBay. Same goes for pistols I list on auction sites. Please use their contact seller links to ask your questions.

I will not use the Luger Forum to authenticate my individual items that are for sale currently and in the future. So, as I said previously, if you are interested in the item, bid on it. Ask questions thru the auction sites. I do have a return policy like all credible dealers do.

If you are interested in more Swiss items, I do have 150 Swiss Pistols, and over a 150 Swiss holsters.

Thank you, Ken Kontos
Midwest Firearms, Revshop
www.midwestfirearms.com
www.midwestfirearms.com
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #11
thegundude
User

Ummmm. I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm reluctant to stick one in, but just for the record I sent to his site last night and saw a ton of very nice Lugers of every description. And although the prices were out of my league (at this point), they weren't out of what seems normal these days. I just wish I wasn't as into other types of guns as I am. It might leave more room for these expensive Lugers.

Ken, those guns of yours are just lovely....

~Steve
thegundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2005, 12:22 PM   #12
Pete Ebbink
User

Hi Steve,

As you visit the various gun forums on the Net, you will notice many collectors sharing info. about experiences they have had with various dealers; usually commenting about good dealers and good deals.

The lack of commentary about dealers also speaks volumes...
Unread 06-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #13
thegundude
User

Point taken Pete.

~Steve
thegundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #14
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Aaron, eBay is here to stay and it is one way for a seller to expose his goods to the widest audience possible. An auction is not squeezing the last dime out of a buyer but placing it in a competative venue and letting the open market determine the price. Nothing greedy about it. Some folks might pay more than you would ask and what's wrong with that?

Often it is very difficult to put a price on something. Prices are regional and what I think might be the best price in Colorado may be way too low for New York or Berlin. If I offer my item on an international auction I get the best price in the World, whatever it may be. I would be a fool to set a price and sell on a site that may be half of what it would bring at auction.

Listing on eBay is not all that difficult. My Wife does it! Seriously, I think it is worth the extra effort and expense for what you get out of it.

Recently I offered a large collection of pistols on this Forum and Jan Still's. I set a price and either sold them at that price to those who contacted me right away or negotiated a price. I felt this was the least I could do for Forum members and it seemed to work out very well. Those pistols Forum members are not interested in will go to auction and we will see how they do.

eBay is today's clearing house for rare collectables and if I want to find something I go there first. Someone almost invariably outbids me. It's a great place to sell, maybe not so great to buy. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #15
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,873 Times in 1,184 Posts

Personally I don't have any problems with constructions like Ebay. What I do find loathsome is to present items as things they are not.

For example: The holsters mentioned above. If they would just be listed as 'Canvas luger holster' without the 'WWII Rare Luger Holster 1906/24 Swiss Canvas / Leather Rig' I would not have any problems with it.

There's nothing wrong with dealers selling items that are not mainstream, are reproductions or just vague. Just sell them as such, not as 'the real deal' or 'rare WW2 items'.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #16
Pete Ebbink
User

Posting these photos before they disappear from e-Bay :

Unread 10-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #17
Pete Ebbink
User

2nd. batch from e-Bay :

Unread 10-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #18
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

I have had one transaction with Mr Kontos. It was about six years ago that I bought a 1916 DWM LP08 from him for a decent price. When I received it I immeadiately noted that there was no serial number on the barrel. I called Mr Kontos and he allowed as how he had not noticed the missing serial number. The pistol was returned and my payment refunded. I don't recall whether I took all the shipping liability.

As Mr Kontos says he has had thousands of Lugers and this is apparently one of his businesses one has to question either his expertise or his business sense with a transaction like mine. I do not know that it was a dishonest act but then I never know whether a merchant is intentionally trying to cheat me when I catch him short-changing me.
George Anderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2005, 12:25 PM   #19
Daniel
User

I have had dealings with Revshop and all positive , both on ebay and through another internet gun auction. My purchases were accurately described and quickly shipped. I'm a satisfied customer and will buy from him again. How many of you critics have AUCTUALLY had PERSONAL transactions with Midwest Firearms ?
He always states , ask questions ,don't like it , send it back. What more can he do?
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #20
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,519 Times in 939 Posts

I have purchased a couple holsters from Revshop. Good quality and as described.