LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 10-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Conny
User

Default 1920 DWM Commercial Artillery

Gentlemen,
After long consideration, I would like to complete my Luger into a rig. My problem is that my Commercial has a special ordered 10" barrel. Another problem is that the shoulder stock would be shorter than the holster and makes using the stock extremely difficult if it can be used at all.

Is there anyone here who can make a custom Luger holster for me? Other than being 2" longer, I want it to look like the correct holster except the back where the stock is afixed. I would like to be able to unsnap a top strap behind the holster flap and "slip" the stock out the top of the holster for use thus seperating the stock completely from the holster. In my mind (which is lost) it would look correct from the front and slightly modified in holding the stock in back.

Is there anyone here that can help or know a very good leatherman? I'm not looking for a junk made holster. I'll pay whatever it takes to have an excellent quality reproduction holster designed and made. I can give up my Commercial for a while to the leatherman so a very good fit is possible. I'll also drive within 500 miles to deliver my Commercial to the right person. Please email or let me know anyway possible if such a craftsman exists. Thank you for your time.

This Artillery is listed under the DWM Commercial Database #82496

Duane Leiker
Fairfax, Va. 22033
Unread 10-19-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,531 Times in 943 Posts

Duane
One definately does exist, Lugerholsterrepair on this forum. Jerry Burney. If he can't do it it can't be done. Bill
Unread 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
Conny
User

Bill,
Thanks for the response. I was looking on the Simpson Luger page and noticed a 1920 DWM Commercial Artillery Luger & holster in 12". It looks like someone just added an extention onto the original holster but that gave me the idea to finally have a 10" holster made. It also uses 2 buckle straps for the shoulder stock although the buckles might dig into skin or clothing.

Thanks for the information. I'll send him a message if he doesn't answer here fairly soon.