LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 09-03-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
Logante
User

Default S/42 1938 Grip Question

I have a S/42 with replacement grips. They are attractive and fit well but I am in need of an original styled set.

I would be looking for two sets, one for a DWM 1917, and one set for a 1938 Mauser. The grips currently on the 1917 DWM are too thick on one side of the gun, they are reproduction grips.

I am not looking for a pricey set of repops or original as I am on a severly limited budget, but am in need of guidance from some more experienced members here for some appropriate grips.

The S/42 is on the left and the DWM is on the right. The DWM grip feels too thick on one side...
Attached Images

Last edited by Logante; 09-03-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Logante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
pitsword
User

Get in touch with "Hugh" on our forum and I am sure he can be of assistance. Belated welcome.
pitsword is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to pitsword for your post:
Unread 09-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
jb1dsl
User

What you want for the replacement grips on the S/42?
jb1dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #4
Logante
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1dsl View Post
What you want for the replacement grips on the S/42?
Sorry, but for the sake of me owning it as the original owner built it. I still have the pachmeyer grips that were put on my 1911 by the previous owner yet they have been off it since I purchased the pistol.
Apparently they are swiss bern reproduction style, they look ok but are incorrect for this model. they will be sold when i sell the gun (with it)
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
Hugh
RIP

Logante,
The grips on the S42 are Italian made grips that were available in the 1950's-60's and are very well made repro grips, much better than most of the ones available now-a-days, they usually fit very well. The ones on the DWM look like modern ones. I may have a pair or two of worn original grips or repaired refurbished grips that will fit one or both of your guns....I will have to check and see.
Unread 09-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
Logante
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Logante,
The grips on the S42 are Italian made grips that were available in the 1950's-60's and are very well made repro grips, much better than most of the ones available now-a-days, they usually fit very well. The ones on the DWM look like modern ones. I may have a pair or two of worn original grips or repaired refurbished grips that will fit one or both of your guns....I will have to check and see.
Old grips no matter how worn that are DWM for my artillery model would be great. I am not concerned with the finish on them as long as the grips are vintage DWM.
The S/42 would look better with a more appropriate style and if the grips on the DWM would fit I would have used them. Any guides to identifying grip located on the board?

Man why are Luger parts / accessories so expensive? As a college student it is hell trying to do anything on a budget.