LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-07-2001, 12:34 PM   #1
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default :) For those so inclined: Navy Rear Sight and R

With a starting price of $350.00 (probably reasonable)

Will probably bring quite a bit more than that since this part is hard to come by... but get a load of the hogwash[/u][/i] presented by the seller:

..."Here is your chance to transform your post war converted naval Luger back into it's original war time navy form. The Toggle link is the hardest part to find and makes your $1,200.00 pistol into an original navy worth several thousand dollars."

This piece may be rare, and many would love to make a shooter Navy, but the implication that this would make your ordinary pistol worth Several Thousand Dollars is absolutely ludicrous seller hype.

If that is true why doesn't the seller by a 6" shooter for $1000 or so and create a pistol to sell worth several thousand dollars to maximize the profit! Sheesh, the crap that some folks will fall for!

BTW, there are two other good closeup photos at the auction page... Click the link below...

just my $0.02

-John

(PS Wish I owned it!)

Auction for Navy Rear Sight on eBay
http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M...98/i-2_B_L.JPG
Unread 12-07-2001, 01:10 PM   #2
bh

Default Re: :) For those so inclined: Navy Rear Sight a

oh man,,,,,,even worse.....someone (?) just bid $501.00 for the thing, and didnt meet the reserve!!!!!! sheezzzz!!!!

Unread 12-07-2001, 01:48 PM   #3
66mustang

John don't be so hard on the guy! I'm sure he has a reason, uh, well, he uh, oh never mind...

Would look good on my 6 incher, make her into a TRUE collectable then? Gosh, I didn't realize it was so easy, I was under the impression that modifying a gun like that changed them?

Anyway, yes, I'd like it to, but I don't care that much, I'll bet it has a 1,000 reserve. I have it 'watched" on ole e-bay and we'll see what she does.

Ed

Unread 12-07-2001, 02:29 PM   #4
tom
User

Hmmmmm, mebbe I should consider parting out my Navy collection. Lets see, 15 rear sighta @$1000 each, 15 sets of Grips @ $250-300 each, ....Naaaaaaa, I couldn't do it. Money just *ain't* that important!

FWIW

Unread 12-07-2001, 02:34 PM   #5
Art Buchanan

This guy has the same sight on auction arms at this same time. I ask him---it is the same sight #27.

Unread 12-07-2001, 02:54 PM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

Default MISSING PART

Take a close look at the toggle. There is a part missing on the left hand side. I don't know its name. I e-mailed the guy about it and his caustic replay was that he is selling the toggle as pictured. Period. I asked about the hinge pin and the inference was that it is not included. It looks to me like somebodies going to have a worthless hunk of metal for $300+

Big Norm

Unread 12-07-2001, 03:09 PM   #7
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: MISSING PART

Just so that people don't get confused about the missing part, the pin on the top of the toggle is ALSO missing.

Big Norm

Unread 12-07-2001, 03:11 PM   #8
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default thanks NORM - Preciate it! (EOM)

Unread 12-07-2001, 05:19 PM   #9
Don
User

He does indeed have the same item posted on Auction Arms. Both postings say he reserves the right to cancel the auction -- in other words he intends to follow both auctions and cancel the one that is bringing in lower bids. To me this undermines the value of on-line auctions if sellers are allowed to get away with this.

Unread 12-07-2001, 06:12 PM   #10
Art Buchanan

The missing pin is an L shape pin that holds the recoil link and is flattened on one side to hold keep the sight slide from pulling off the rear. Not a big problem. I don't think a brass monkey could make one----but still not a big deal for me.

Unread 12-07-2001, 06:23 PM   #11
tracy p

Default Auction Arm Violation

Having it on Ebay and Auction Arms. Read Auction Arms terms

and conditions. Number 10

Seller Exclusivity: If a Seller lists an item for sale at Auction Arms, the Seller is contractually obligated to complete the sale of that item if the Reserve Price is met in a Reserve style auction, or if any bids are placed in a Basic style auction. Likewise, if a Seller lists an item with Auction Arms, that Seller agrees that Auction Arms has exclusive rights to sell that item. The Seller is not permitted to list the same item in another venue, or sell the item to a buyer outside of Auction Arms. Failure to complete the sale under those circumstances is cause for negative feedback and/or explusion from Auction Arms. (Dutch auctions are at the sole discretion of the seller.)

Unread 12-07-2001, 10:22 PM   #12
jmarsh5990@aol.com

Default Re: Navy sight-missing part

Notice the friction part that keeps the sight from sliding too easily is missing. Sure someone tried to remove it and it broke. May be very hard to part to replace.

Unread 12-08-2001, 01:53 AM   #13
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Default Re: Auction Arm Violation

I am not a Navy Luger guy, but you guys that spot this stuff IMPRESS THE HELL OUT OF ME!!

Lonnie

Unread 12-08-2001, 05:20 PM   #14
Big Norm
RIP

Default DUTCH AUCTION ????

I have heard the expression "Dutch Auction" before. But I don't really know what its means. What is it?

Big Norm

Unread 12-08-2001, 05:27 PM   #15
Thor
User

Default Re: DUTCH AUCTION ????

I think after you get beat, you are supposed to have a piece of dutch apple pie to console you! Hell, I have always wanted to know too Big Norm! Look forward to the REAL Answer! Thor

Unread 12-08-2001, 05:56 PM   #16
BILL
User

Default Re: DUTCH AUCTION ????

A Dutch auction is a term for offering multiple numbers of the same item (i.e. 200 paper kites).

Unread 12-10-2001, 05:00 AM   #17
Big Norm
RIP

Default STILL CONFUSED?? :| (EOM)