LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 07-11-2002, 05:53 AM   #1
Edmond , DCB shooting
User

Post P38 AC reload, tight group

don't know where is the thread now but I want to give an answer, the Walther was a first version , bullet was molded Lyman 356402, sized accordingly and powder charge was 4.7 grains of french Vectan SNPE BA 9 [img]smile.gif[/img]
Unread 07-11-2002, 03:18 PM   #2
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Edmond , DCB shooting:
<strong>don't know where is the thread now but I want to give an answer, the Walther was a first version , bullet was molded Lyman 356402, sized accordingly and powder charge was 4.7 grains of french Vectan SNPE BA 9 [img]smile.gif[/img] </strong><hr></blockquote>

I used Vectan powders for several years while I was in England and they are excellent! BA-9 was, I believe, developed specifically for the 9mm Parabellum and I used a lot of it. BA-10 was a powder with a burn rate very close to Bullseye and made a super target load in .38 Special. I fired many thousands of rounds using both powders and give them the highest rating.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2002, 06:13 PM   #3
Edmond , DCB shooting
User

Hi Doubs, you're totally right BA 9 was specifically made for 9 mm, now you can get Vectan Powders in USA from Graf & son's, and again right BA 10 is equivalent to 700 X but more flexible, I tested both and stick with BA 10 but I'm replacing both BA by A flakes series, wonderful with low pressure for hi speed in 357 magnum [img]biggrin.gif[/img]