LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #1
unspellable
User

Default Stoeger magazines

The stainless Luger's current distributer is High Standard. They are still using the Stoeger type non-standard magazine. Any one know where I might get such a magazine? High Standard seems to have them permanently on back order.
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 08:41 AM   #2
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,873 Times in 1,184 Posts

High Standard is probably just an empty brand name, just like Interarms. I suspect all are the same small Texas outfit that ended up with these brand names.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 09:36 AM   #3
unspellable
User

High Standard and Interarms are more or less one and the same these days. The two websites are joined at the hip. It does seem like a small operation. High Standard is the current dealer for the stainless Lugers, Recently bought one from them. Now to get one or two extra magazines,

Re: the non-standard magazine. When Mitchell was the distributor the stainless Lugers took a standard magazine. When Stoeger took over we got the non-standard mag. Around this time there were rumors of the pistol being chambered for S&W. For a long time I thought this was behind the mag change, Now that I have one in hand, I find that it will not accept a 40 S&W round. So apperently Stoeger changed it just to have a captive clientele.
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote