LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 02-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
titirainette
User

Default Best Artillery Holster and stock Reproduction ?

Hi,

Somebody know where we can find the best reproduction Artillery holster and stock ?

CMR ? Sarco ? other shop....

thank to post your opinion...
titirainette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
Navy
RIP

Get the holster by commissioning Jerry Burney to make one. As far as the wood/iron is concerned, search around until you can find an Odin import.

Tom A
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,426 Posts

Tom, I do appreciate your loyalty my Paratrooper Kamerade! I am currently not in a position to make custom German Luger holsters as I have in the past. My repair and restoration of the many holsters I recieve keeps me too busy to make custom orders.
My first priority is to restore and return holsters sent to me by trusting collectors. It seems I have as much of this work as I can take which leaves me no time for things I used to do.
Of the repro Artillery holster makers..I suggest you check out CMR. They seem to have a fairly decent Artillery holster. If they could fine tune it's manufacture by paying the least bit of attention to important details they could produce a fine one. As it is, it is passable.
Thanks again Tom, Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 02:38 AM   #4
titirainette
User

hi,
thank for you answer.

Do you know if the CMR product is different of Sarco ? ( more expensive with CMR).

An interordnance product holster and stock copy ? is it good ?

An Numrich part product holster and stock copy ? is it good ?

Ok for buying a copy, but it's good that the stock and holster have the same dimension than original...and holster close with a pistol inside....
If somebody have good information about dimension copy...thank to give..

Is it possible to you to age (old) or to custom a copy holster and stock, in order the look like more authentic than a new repro ?

When you restore an old holster, is it possible to you to change an brass attach who is missing on the holster ? price ?

which product is good for holster storage and treatment ? i look like PECARDS is good product but which reference # ? (there is a lot of product !)

what's the price at the moment for an original WW1 artillery holster + stock ?
titirainette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,426 Posts

hi,
thank for you answer.

Do you know if the CMR product is different of Sarco ? ( more expensive with CMR).
If you are going to be that cheap, whatever you do...do not collect Lugers!

An interordnance product holster and stock copy ? is it good ? I can't say. Basically they are all crap, pick one.

An Numrich part product holster and stock copy ? is it good ? Good for what?

Is it possible to you to age (old) or to custom a copy holster and stock, in order the look like more authentic than a new repro ? Yes, If you have 90 years and a war or two in between you can do it pretty good.

When you restore an old holster, is it possible to you to change an brass attach who is missing on the holster ? price ? Yes, I do it all the time. I make the part or I take it off another holster. If you want an estimate for Luger holster repair work you must get much more specifik about what it is you are talking about.

which product is good for holster storage and treatment ? i look like PECARDS is good product but which reference # ? (there is a lot of product !) Pecards is waxy goo and anyone who puts it on an antique holster gets what he deserves. I suggest Connely's hide food. Remember anything you put on is not so easily put off.

what's the price at the moment for an original WW1 artillery holster + stock ?
My guess at present is around $1400 This can vary depending on condition and if it is complete with attachment leathers.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,090 Times in 1,675 Posts

The CMR holster is more expensive than the Sarco because it is better quality. The CMR is still not as good as an original.

The Interordinance and Numric holsters are basically the same as Sarco.

You probably can touch up a reproduction holster with shoe polish and add a few scratches to make it look more like the condition of the Luger you are displaying it with. I do not know of anyone that provides this "antiquing" service but you probably can do an adequate job yourself.

Jerry can do just about anything that is needed with an original holster, but he needs to know specifics to provide estimates.

Do not use Pecards. It is actually a waterproofing compound and not a true leather preservative. It can get gummy and under certain conditions turns to a white residue on the surface of the holster that looks like mold and must be periodically cleaned off. Connely Hide Food is very good but sometimes difficult to find.

An original holster and stock with all attachments could cost anywhere from $1400 for a decent example to well over $2000 for a nice one.
Unread 02-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #7
var99
User

I have no experience with this oufit, but they advertise a lot in German gun magazines as Luger and other vintage holster restorers and also making custom repros. Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.ledermanufaktur-zimmermann.de/
var99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
EagleArmsHBAR
User

what is CMR? What does CMR stand for? I am attempting to google it, but CMR is too vague.
EagleArmsHBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #9
EagleArmsHBAR
User

nevermind, I found it.
EagleArmsHBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
thegundude
User

Tim, I have the one sold by Numrich and all I can say is that you get what you pay for. It fills a void until a proper rig can be obtained. I figured that since I wouldn't ultimately be happy with any reproduction good or bad I'd sink the least amount of money I could upfront leaving more for the real deal when it comes along.

Overall, now I can shoot it with a stock and that's what was important to me at the time.

~Steve
thegundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2007, 04:20 AM   #11
laoshi75
User

"My first priority is to restore and return holsters sent to me by trusting collectors"
Jerry, do you know what I am thinking ? )))
laoshi75 is offline   Reply With Quote