LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-23-2019, 07:05 PM   #11
Rick W.
User

One would surmise that lubrication for the Luger, new or old, is most usually based upon experiences or pure timeline of availability. Does not have to be "my" way or the highway routine. I believe is always good to listen to other folks' experiences in whatever, always can take it or leave it; but at least you were lucky enough to see such once and maybe even think for yourself.

As a little side note to the early Luger lubes mentioned, the guys there did not have patches, always thought that was kinda marvelous.

Anytime one purchases something unique, there is always different forms of risk. I remember a fine Burmese star ruby buy, that I wish I had never seen; lost my Penny's T-shirt on that one. Guess we all have developed a sense of instant gratification that must be met no matter what, I am sadly no different. I try to remember the pot and the kettle routine.

I was thinking of who builds 45 Lugers, now and back when. Of course, the originals. Kinda hard to procure now for some reason or other. Here in America, I think of Wyatt and Martz; both kinda similar to the original, but in other senses, not really. Wyatt had no magazine, Martz did an artful use of two Lugers sawn carefully and welded, had a mago. There was a gentleman on the west coast that made a original looking 45acp Luger, but no more, and not too many. Not too many applies to all the above I think.

In Europe, Nedbal in Austria made a nice 45 ACP faithful to the original. I hear that he has retired(rumor on my part) and is partnering with Werle. Werle has made some 45 acp pistols and carbines in varying styles. I have always admired Werle's innovation.

I reckon if we did not have the maker of the US model, we might still be shooting our 50cal ball bearing slingshots with 45 Luger engraved on the side. I suspect that a lot of disgruntlement is from the flippers,..... got to have a timeline to make the markup because they never use their own money, always on loan. I suspect too that some are bought by true Luger lovers or even shooters.........just for the experience of firing such a magnificent handgun. I know it hard to have your 6-10K out in the blue with nothing in the hand, but as you well know, tis a risk with small time shops..........however good or honest they may be. I have been on lists for firearms, where you had to know the family, be a friend of a friend; or just walking with the right guy at the right time; in order to place an order for a specific firearm. I wish I was on the list for the American model, but time is too short now.

Life is full of adventures, take a little time to enjoy them; sometimes the adventure turns out and you have an event happen that will make you smile.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to Rick W. for your post: