LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 07-23-2002, 05:20 PM   #1
hermit
User

Post Questions on holster?

Hello! I'm new to this forum and lugers in general and hope you can help me.
I came into possession of a wartime pistol and holster for $100.00 believe it or not and would like to know it's real value. The holster is brown leather with tie down strap and buckle. It also has a leather pull tab to help remove the pistol from the holster. There is a pocket inside for 1 round and another for the magazine. It is manufactured by GEBRUDER KLINGE Dresden 1937. Has an eagle standing on a circle with a swastika inside. The serial number is WaA 142. I hope this is enough info and just wondered on it's collectability. Thanks in advance!! [img]smile.gif[/img] PS I will post elsewhere on the pistol later when I get the chance.
hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2002, 05:40 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Hi Hermit,

You got a great buy! Your description however is not quite adequate for identification purposes. It sounds like you have a Luger pistol with a modified holster.

The serial number of the Luger will be located on the front of the grip frame and should be composed of a number (likely 4 digits) and there should be a lower case character stamped underneath it. This character is part of the serial number.

The number you mentioned as the serial number is really a military acceptance stamp.

On the top of the chamber there should be a date stamp. And on the top of the toggle, there should be a manufacturers stamp.

If you go to the Lugerforum Homepage you will find a link on the left frame that is labeled Technical Information. Take that link and download the identification sheets and they will tell you what information we must know to properly identify your gun if it is in fact a Luger. report what you find in a reply to this thread and some of the members will help ID your pistol.

Because you say the holster has a tie down, it was probably modified by the soldier who captured it. The small pocket on the inside of the holster is actually for holding a small screwdriver/takedown tool that is also used to help load the magazine.

If you have either a scanner or a digital camera or have access to one you can post a scan or a photo of the pistol and holster and that will be helpful in identification too.

We need to see a scan or photo of both sides and the top of the pistol and both sides of the holster if you can.

We will be waiting to hear from you and Welcome to the Lugerforum.
Lugerforum Homepage

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2002, 10:31 PM   #3
hermit
User

Wow, you guys are fast! I will bring them back from the camp next time I'm out to get the required info. By the way all the markings I mentioned above are on the holster itself, but will send a scan as soon as possible. Thanks again. Had the holster here. Here is a scan of both sides. By the way, I read a post somewhere here about the Coastal flying service. The story from the fellow I purchased the pistol from said that the pistol was owned by a member of that service. This has gotten me very interested in this pistol's origins! No wonder collecting these firearms is so interesting. I have much to learn. Thanks again. Now to figure out how to post the pics.

Hope this is ok--took me forever to get them to a size I could upload!I hate computers[img]boards.rennlist.com/upload/holsterpictures.bmp[/img]
Unread 07-26-2002, 06:24 AM   #4
kidvett
User

Wink

Hello Hermit,

Welcome to the forum, from another Canadian collector....

[img]smile.gif[/img]

By the way, 1937 holsters are not common....

I'll gladly help to ID your pistol, email PICS...

kidvett [img]cool.gif[/img]
kidvett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2002, 02:00 PM   #5
hermit
User

Here is some better pics of the holster--be back in a few days.

boards.rennlist.com/upload/holsterbackview0001.jpg[/IMG]