LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 07-18-2002, 02:41 PM   #21
Garfield
User

JD:

Just an observation: If silly games are being played on this forum, I would nominate you and Pete as the prime participants. However, while Pete is just being "silly" your comments evidence outright hostility. Personally, given you position as the forum Administrator, I find your attitude embarrassing. In my opinion, the only apology that is owed is to Brad and you, sir, are the one who should offer it.

With Respect, always,
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2002, 12:29 AM   #22
Pete Ebbink
User

Garfield,

I might be a bit silly when I joke about flying pigs, but here is a portion of your post from 7-6-02 :

" I would suggest that you have a friend or acquaintance take a visual check to see how far (comment edited by Admin-JS)."

I think this, too, was quite silly but even more : somewhat hostile and very meanspirited...especially for one of your first post on the new Forum...

Word wars and games aside; I think we all still wait for the "facts and proofs" behind Brad Simpson's assertion...
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2002, 02:50 AM   #23
Garfield
User

Petey:

What an interesting post! So full of innuendo!

First, my comment regarding your "sillyness" was not prompted by your "flying pig" statement, rather, it had to do with your contrived list of questions that you felt Simpson should have posed to various persons prior to making any statement regarding the two Krieghoff pistols pictured in Gibson's reference. As inane as your "pig" comment was, it was not worthy of comment.

But, Golly Gee, Petey! I cannot wonder but why you would post a quote that I made in an earlier thread, regarding an entirely different subject, a post which was directed to someone else and then imply that what I posted there was appropo here?! You say that I am "hostile" and "mean spirited". I would have thought that a person, such as you, that is only interested in presenting the whole picture, would have quoted me in context. There by, the readers of this thread could have gotten an accurate read and made that own decision regarding my surlyness and whether it was , or was not, justified.

I might also point out, and, of course your know this since your are a moderator, that I was reprimanded for using the language that I did in the post that you mention. The reprimand was done off forum to my personal email address. I was told that, on this site, language used should be such that it would not be offensive to any one that might click on to the site (this is not a direct quote, but close enough for working tolerances). Well, I can live with that, however, if what I said was the basis for censure, why did you repeat those offensive words verbatum? Still, since you brought this up, I can't help but think that there is a certain amount of truth in what I said, and if you feel that what I "asserted" applies to you, then so be it.

One final comment, and then let us get on to our "first love, lugers". I am not one of the persons on this forum that is awaiting the "facts and proofs" that are needed to prove or disprove Brad Simpson's assertions. I don't know who "we all" is, but most certainly, I am not one of them.

Golly, how I love the commeraderie found here! The intellectual give and take!

Good Hunting,
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2002, 12:12 PM   #24
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
For the information of all who post here on the Lugerforum.

Just because a person is a forum moderator does not give them across the board access to all that takes place here. This is an incorrect assumption. With the exception of myself, John D. and Dok, each of the individual forum Moderators is not only a volunteer, but is assigned to just a single forum and their responsibility is to monitor and direct the discussions on only that forum to ensure that they conform to the Forum Decorum and the Rennlist.com terms of service. They also provide assistance to the membership when necessary.

They have accepted the responsibility and the authority to edit inappropriate language for this site and to delete both posts or messages that violate the Forum Decorum and the Rennlist.com terms of service. They report any violations of policy to the Admin staff who make a decision on whether or not any action should be regarding a member's activity on the forum. Any warnings or corrective action are in most all cases handled directly with the member via email and is not posted publicly or commented about on the forum.

The service of the modertors to this forum is greatly appreciated by not only the Administrators, but also the membership at large.

The only persons who are kept abreast of any admonition or corrective actions taken against a member for violation of the rules are the Site Admins.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote