LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 06-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Squirrely
New User

Thumbs up GT's Luger Magazines

I've been wanting to post this topic for awhile, but I've been waiting for our transaction to be completed. Gerald Tomek (G.T. on this forum) is an absolutely STAND UP guy, and produces a GREAT product!

It all started with a luger - I picked up a .30 luger for a more than fair price during a recent deployment. Unfortunately, I only found out that it was .30 upon return, several months after the purchase, and worse yet the bore was trashed. My father and I attempted to carefully remove the old barrel and replace it with a 9mm model, but like most it was on incredibly tight. I contacted G.T. and within a matter of days was sending my complete upper and NOS replacement 9mm barrel to him.

Gerald agreed to do the swap for a fraction of the typical price I've seen elsewhere, and once it was returned to me I was more than impressed! The original barrel was on so tight the shoulder had to be machined off. The replacement was, apparently, just as bad, and required even MORE difficult machine work. G.T. confided that he had spent several days conducting this process, and yet like a true gentlemen kept his word and did not request further funds to pay for his time or expertise.

Then, without warning, he sent a SECOND package containing a NOS WWII-era recoil spring to complete the caliber swap, free of charge...

Because of this, I decided to try one of his $95 MEC-GAR luger magazines. He once again went above and beyond, and even offered to broker a trade for part of the asking price despite me repeatedly offering to pay 100% of it! Even better, once the magazine arrived it functioned flawlessly, and was obviously of excellent quality! He even numbered it to match my upper...

Again, to sum up - G.T. is one of the best, most professional individuals I have ever bought or traded with online in over ten years.

Thanks Gerald,
Mike
Squirrely is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to Squirrely for your post:
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
Mwland
User

I have had a couple of transactions with GT, and not only is he beyond proficient in his repair skills, he is a true pleasure to work. This world would be a lot better off if more people like GT were in it!
Mwland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts

Mike.. G.T. is one of the best, most professional individuals I have ever bought or traded with online in over ten years.

I couldn't agree more..

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Ice
User

We are very fortunate to have men of his caliber (pun intended) as friends and contributors on this forum.

Charlie
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrely View Post
Because of this, I decided to try one of his $95 MEC-GAR luger magazines...He even numbered it to match my upper...
I see in another thread that Gerry is marking his magazine bottoms now...how about a pic of yours???
sheepherder is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

postino, GT has been making magazine bottoms for many years. My guess is at least 20 years. He made magazine bottoms for some of my Lugers well over 10 years ago. You can't find any better. Always extremely high quality.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
Kitkat041836
RIP

Default The Best

All I have to say is G.T. is the BEST of the BEST.
Thanks G.T.
George
Kitkat041836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

I agree whole heartedly with everything that has been said above. I, recently, had GT make me a wood bottom Mec-Gar mag for my 1921 DWM, and was so impressed with the quality, ordered another for my 06/73. The neat part is that GT only lives up the road north a few miles from me. Maybe I should buy some more Lugers, so I can order more mags!!
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
postino, GT has been making magazine bottoms for many years. My guess is at least 20 years. He made magazine bottoms for some of my Lugers well over 10 years ago. You can't find any better. Always extremely high quality.
Frank -

I have two of GT's Mec-Gar mags w/aluminum bottoms, and one 'loose' bottom (which I can't find!), none of which have any markings on the bottoms...

Not a problem, I just thought the stamps were something new...
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Stamps are kinda new...

Hi guys... Yes, I've not stamped the bottoms until this year..maybe a little last year... only upon request... some shooters like it, some don't... The GT stamp was initially made for internally stamping custom Luger items made for John V. Martz.. but I really never did stamp much of that,...by the time I was finished with items for John, I was pretty much at the end of my rope from stress that some type of disaster would be fall me... So, I would work on a set of grips for two months, and 15 minutes after they were done, we were at the post office waving bye-bye... ...no pictures, no fan-fair... just a nice set of grips completed for a great fellow... Mr. Martz... And, Frank was close...but just a little short on the years... 30+ on mag bottoms... First few years wern't too pretty though... then it seemed an insermountable task... now, I can make them with my eyes closed..and actually did before cateract surgury!!! .... And, rhuff, I'm finished with yours and it'll be in the mail Monday!! If you liked the other one..you'll love this one... It's the nicest piece of dense French Walnut I had in my inventory... ... And, if Rich can't find his loose one..I'll send him another... ...Thanks for all the kind words fellows, this forum is the very best ...best to all, til...lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
im44mag6
User

hello G.T., i am a newbie to the forum. so i'm just learning my way around things. ive posted picture of my 1900 ae an by doing so the guys were kind enough to tell me what was wrong with ae an the man who should fix it. lol man talk about praise these guys think the sun rises an shines. an apparently it does. lol anyways if you could take a look at my pictures see what you think. focusing on the clip. which is thought to have a broken spring. the pics are on my profile. the gun is going up for sale. but i would like to have things done for peace of mind. ok thx for your time, cause i'll bet your busier than a ........ well pretty busy. lol ralph richards
im44mag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #12
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by postino View Post
I see in another thread that Gerry is marking his magazine bottoms now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
postino, GT has been making magazine bottoms for many years...
... ...

(Mystery solved!)
Unread 06-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #13
MFC
User

Ralph,
Also send Gerald a private message by clicking on his username (G.T.) on one of his posts.