LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-16-2001, 12:04 PM   #1
Bart
User

Default Shooter...

Need some advice here...I have been seeing quite a few messages about folks obtaining/buying Lugers for $400, $450, and am puzzled as to where I can go to pick up one of these low priced pistols. I'm ready go get one and hopefully be placed on Thor's "dance card" to refurbish it. All these pictures of his finished works of art are making me drool. But I need to get a gun for him to work on first. Can anyone help me here? Ralph doesn't have any low-priced shooters listed, nor does Simpson. So how does a fella find these "diamonds in the rough"?

Bart

Unread 11-16-2001, 12:31 PM   #2
Kyrie
User

Default Re: Shooter...

Hi Bart,

Give Ralph a call and chat with him - he usually has many more Lugers than are on his lists. Other than that, keep an eye on the online auction houses (like www.auctionarms.com) and on you local gun and pawn shops. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can find with a little patience

Best regards,

Kyrie

Unread 11-16-2001, 02:16 PM   #3
larry cook

give tom heller, heller arms {listed in the Links} a call he could have some for you to check out

Unread 11-16-2001, 05:37 PM   #4
66mustang

Tom is who I got mine from, although today I was in Butches Gun Shop off of Aurora, has a 9mm 4 inch, marked 1918 for $499. So my point is, you never know where you'll find one.

Ed

Unread 11-16-2001, 05:48 PM   #5
tom h

Default Re: Shooter Lugers

Bart, I still have plenty of Russian reworked WW2 Mauser PO8s in the $450 range and a few more matching or exotic ones at higher prices. I'll try to post an updated Shooter List in the classified, this weekend. Tom h

Unread 11-16-2001, 06:25 PM   #6
Bart
User

Default Shooter...Tom...

would that be the classified at your website?

Bart

Unread 11-17-2001, 09:34 AM   #7
tom h

Default Re: Shooter...Tom...

Bart, I'll post the updated SHOOTER LIST on the Forum classified to replace the list currently there, posted in August. Tom h