LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-17-2001, 05:35 PM   #1
Attila

Default Persian Artillery

Greetings Forum Members,

Recently, I've acquired a really nice Persian Artillery rig. After inspecting it carefully, everything appears to be in order, but I've noticed some distinct differences in the markings (or lack thereof) which are not fully discussed in the Luger references available to me.

1) The barrel has the correct proof mark under the front sight, but does not have a serial no. Kenyon states that the 4" Persian barrel does have the serial no., but doesn't comment explicitly on the 8" barrel.

2) The magazine base has some Farsi numbers, but I had the impression that Persian mags were unmarked(?).

3) Some of the other places and parts that are stamped with the serial no. are different from those on DWM artilleries. E.g., the stock is stamped on the wood, rather than the metal, and no serial no. appears anywhere on the rear sight (with Farsi elevations).

Would anyone care to comment on these differences between Persian and DWM artillery markings?

Thanks.

Unread 06-17-2001, 07:38 PM   #2
Russ
User

Default Re: Persian Artillery

be carefull