LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-24-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
bb907

Default Stainless P.08 ?

Does anyone know if anybody makes a stainless steel P.08, or has in the past? Just curious... Thx, BB

Unread 03-25-2002, 12:17 AM   #2
Thomas Adie

Default Re: AIMCO Lugers

Hey bb907,

AIMCO is still in business. Contact Mr. Ramiro E. Romo at 713-617-0474 or ramromo@ev1.net. They are super at customer service.

Unread 03-25-2002, 02:34 AM   #3
Steve
User

Default Re: Stainless P.08 ?

I have one of their 6" versions. They can be very slow at answering emails or faxes but when they do answer, Mr. Romo always takes care of any problem or answers questions. They make a 4 and 6 inch in 9mm and I was told by Mr Romo that they will make an 8" to order. They also have a 4.75" .30cal with a black finish and will make a bright stainless one with a 6-8 week lead time. A .45 is in the works. Now if we could just get a 16" carbine and the money to buy it!

Unread 03-25-2002, 02:37 AM   #4
Thor
User

Steve, I am interested in the 45. Will these be made after the original pattern like Krausewerke used? Are they going to be offered in rust blue with strawed parts or Stainless only. I gotta have one of these for sure! Thor

Unread 03-25-2002, 03:30 PM   #5
Steve
User

I do not know the answers to your questions. Since the rest of AIMCO's product line is in stainless steel I am guessing that the .45 will be also but that is just a guess. I do know that the .30 comes in a black version. It would be interesting to have one of those and change the trigger, safety lever and other normally strawed parts for ones that are bright stainless! The last communication that I had said the finished product was 12-18 months away but definately in the works.

Unread 03-28-2002, 12:25 PM   #6
Art Buchanan

Default Re: AIMCO Lugers

This is a bit of a repeat info. I met Mr.Romo for first time about 2 years ago at the Kansas City January show. I spent some bit of time visiting with him. At that show they were promoting a 1900 commerative that they were producing at encouragement of the NAPCA. Production was to be limited to 350. I bought #11 and a friend bought #10. I note #14 advertised in classifieds. I doubt that many were sold. Mr Romo is very personable. His company produced the Mitchel stainless Lugers.. When that ended he produced them for Stoeger. When Barreta bought Stoeger they dropped the Stainless Luger line. He advertised a few times in Gun List after the KC show. He was interested in one of my baby Luger conversions that I had on display. I loaned it to him for about a year. He was trying to drum up interest for him to produce a stainless baby. Not enough potential he decided. He had on display in KC an 8" artillery version in black finish. Rear sight not original but not bad. He was using some off the shelf sight--whose sourse I have forgotten. Some dislike the stainless Luger. But the price is right. If finish quality was up to Mauser standards---then who could afford one? I have three different models. Back in 1993 I wrote Mr Romo about grips they used on the Mitchell. He sent me 2 pr of nice grips---no charge. I think he has a good thing going and just needs a big name and perhaps $s to make the big time. Wanna Bet that I have "stired the pot" again---and now the stainless steel haters will descend. I would like opportunity to purchase a stainless .45---probably just look at it and never fire.