LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 10-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #1
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubs View Post
In past years I used AA #7 extensively in 9mm and .30 Luger as well as .30 Mauser. I found it to be very good and meter through a measure with great consistency. While I currently use Hodgdon CFE Pistol powder, I'll put Shooter's World "Major Pistol" on my list when I place my next order. I've used various SW powders in rifles and it has all worked quire well.
Hi,

I shoot .30 Mauser and 7.62TT frequently, and would appreciate hearing your pet load, with this powder, for them.

Many thanks!

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2020, 01:59 AM   #2
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,617 Times in 526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieger View Post
Hi, I shoot .30 Mauser and 7.62TT frequently, and would appreciate hearing your pet load, with this powder, for them. Many thanks! Sieger
It's been a very long time since I've used AA #7 in my Mauser and Tokarev.... or anything else for that matter. I've looked but can't find my data. Sorry.

However, I did check the newest edition of the Sierra loading manual and they list the 85 grain bullet with a starting load of 8.5 grains of AA #7 for 1250 fps from a Vz-52 Czech pistol. The max load was 10.0 grains for 1500 fps.

I personally would NOT start with 8.5 grains for a Broomhandle. I'd try 7.0 grains first and work up if need be. The Vz-52 is a stronger action as I'm sure you know.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Doubs for your post: