LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 05-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
bruce2000
User

Default 1941 Mauser Police?

Hi guys, The City building inspector brought a luger for me to see today. I am just learning about the luger so please bare with me. The holster is marked Genschow&Co.A-G. Berlin, WaA387, 1937. Spare mag..stainless steel? Marked 2289 C, then a "+", that I assume means spare mag and e/63. OK, now the P08, all matching, 1941 stamped w/mauser stamped on the top. Exactly like the police issue for sale on Simpsons. Serial #6318 with what appears to be an X suffix (looks like two 3s, one facing left and one right). Small eagle/L on right side. Matching numbered mag, blued w/alum bottom which also has "2" stamp. Only wear is 1 half inch of blue on left side of bbl. And slight wear under the bbl. So I guess what the question is...is what do we have here? I will try to take some pics and get Ron to size them for me if he will. My Best, Bruce
bruce2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
Bob in OH
User

Bruce- Sounds like a dandy. Police Mauser Banner rig in very good shape. If the gun is indeed matched, I suspect very good value too. The mag sounds like an earlier nickel type... Whatever I missed will be filled in by the more grizzled.
Bob in OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
bruce2000
User

Hi Bob, Thanks. Like I said ..not mine, yet? LOL. I`m hoping to trade a P.38 or two for it. It also has the tool in the pouch an capture paper. I know for certain that it came from the owners wife. Her brother was the gentlemen who passed away a year ago and she found it clearing out his belongings. The paper lists it as 1 pistol, automatic, luger,38 cal. I kind of doubt .38 cal. LOL. No pits by the way. One grip is stamped, but I can`t make it out. The other is rough inside so it is hard to see any markings. Also looks like 8.82 under the bbl as well. If I could get it for a couple of AC 44 P.38s should I make the trade? There is no doubt in my mind that this is an untouched original piece He also has a black widow w/a gold swastika set into the right grip and a set of US jump wings set into the left grip. He had them thrown in a tool box in the trunk of his car! I thought I was going to scream. Thanks for the help. My Best, Bruce
bruce2000 is offline   Reply With Quote