LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 01-19-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
Dean762
User

Default 1906 cross in shield question ??

Hello all. I recently saw in a private collection a 1906 cross in shield ser # 139XX. Looks like one of the 1913 shipment of 815 guns to the Swiss from DWM. Funny thing is it has both the Vogelsang on the left side and the Muhlman acceptance stamps(on the right). No Swiss proof crosses on the slide or barrel and no bern proof mark. This gun is really nice. An easy 98-99% with all matching numbers, mint bore and correct mags. On the inside of the frame is a "G" next to a cross and the # 8. There is no "P" mark on the gun and no import marks. According to my "BOBBA" book this gun doesnt really make sense. Anybody out there have any further info about this gun? Any help, thoughts or insight would be appreciated.
Dean762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
Pete Ebbink
User

Hi Dean,

My guess...this gun went back for some arsenal rework after Voglesang retired and Muhlemann was in charge at Bern...??? NO documentation to prove this guess though...

Does the +/M stamp have any "halo" or other bits of white...ie stamped on top of the original finish or is the +/M stamp blued over...???

The "G" and "8" inside the frame would probably just be random DWM inspector stamps used during the original German fabrication...

Regards,

Pete...
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
Dean762
User

Hi Pete

Good to hear from you. The +/M is blued over with no bits of white. The vogelsang mark looks more like a cross with a solid V rather than a letter.

Thanks
Dean
Dean762 is offline   Reply With Quote