LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 07-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
tomaustin
Lifer X5
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default is this our favorite carbine??

This .45 ACP Luger Carbine is the only one of its kind. This Luger is inscribed “GL” which shows George Luger’s personal involvement in its development. This Luger has been forensically tested and has been certified as authentic. The price tag on this Luger carbine is $ 1,000,000. Pretty cheap when you consider it’s one of the rarest pistols in history, not to mention the fact that it’s fully matched.
tomaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
hgreer2
Banned

Nope.

Harry
hgreer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
drbuster
User

This .45 carbine has been around for some time now on the public luger Forums. As many of you know, it was placed in the possession of the late Ralph Shattuck by its owner who was alledged to be a relative of a member of the original 1907 .45 test luger trials. It's asking price was evidently too rich as no firm offer came forth. Furthermore, it generated much controversy on the Forums, both postively and negatively. It was said to have been returned to its owner and as far as I was able to tell, has stayed "underground". I don't know why TomAusten has brought up this carbine again. Does he know if it's "out" and for sale again? My personal feeling about this carbine is that it is indeed genuine. I, along with several others, had several chances to see and hold it. I also think that an auction house may be the best place for it, IF it is on the block again.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

I'd rather own a John Martz carbine as they were personally marked by the actual maker.
George Anderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
tomaustin
Lifer X5
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default i should have made it clear that the comments are

not my evaluation of this piece....the pic turns up for time to time and this one with the general comments were buried on a military weapons pic board...therefore my ?? marks...i have no personal new info but it would be a real treat to see this weapon and as buster said to hold it.......
tomaustin is offline   Reply With Quote