LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-04-2001, 08:28 PM   #1
Silvano
User

Default Navy Luger

Does anyone know where I can find one of any year, in the 98%+, all matching with at least one matching mag?

Just the gun with no rig. I know it's probably just a dream, but I've looked in all the traditional places I guess, and just haven't been able to find one. Any Ideas?

Thanks for the help, Silvano.

Unread 10-04-2001, 10:16 PM   #2
Joe
User

Default Re: Navy Luger

You might want to get in contact with Tom at his email address; catofong@aol.com. He picked up a GREAT 1906 at the MAX last weekend. Tom announced his "find" on this message board but it is now deleted. He might be able to help you out. Good luck.

Unread 10-04-2001, 10:41 PM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Joe the only messges that get deleted from this board

are those that violate Forum Decorum policy. If you look at the set user preferences link at the top of the main message page, you will find that your preferences probably are only set for a few days instead of weeks or months. Set them how you want to see them and I'll bet you find Tom's message and whole lot more you thought had been deleted.

regards,

john Sabato

Unread 10-05-2001, 12:06 AM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

Watch Simpson on www.simpson.com. He has 11 of them and two of them look interesting to me. Also look at Ralph Shattucks site. I have never tried his site, but he might have something. Always look for a matching mag in the ad. If it does not say so then its not there. Be patient. Things like the navy Luger pop up when you least expect them.

Big Norm

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:37 AM   #5
Sid Gariss

Hi Big Norm, I clicked on the link that you provided in your message and landed up at a site that provide forest products. Are you sure that is the site you wanted Silvano to go to?

Sid.

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:47 AM   #6
Thor
User

Perhaps he meant http://www.simpsonltd.com/lugerrm.htm

Unread 10-05-2001, 01:27 PM   #7
Silvano
User

Thanks guys, but I've been over to Simpsons (phisically, not virtually) and he really doesn,t have anything that I cared for. I did contact Tom however and he said he may have some stuff for me to consider.

Silvano.

Unread 10-05-2001, 06:53 PM   #8
Joe
User

Default Re: Joe the only messges that get deleted from this board

John

Thanks for the information on the duration of the messages. I did not know that.

Unread 10-06-2001, 01:19 AM   #9
Big Norm
RIP

Default SORRY ABOUT THAT

Silvano,

sorry about that. Thor is right, it is simpsonltd not just simpson. But do be patient. Navy Lugers are getting hard to find but they do pop up from time to time. They have great balance and sexy sights and guys just don't want to part with them. My personal favorite is the model 1914. I would not part with any of mine. Even the restored ones.

If you are ever at the Ohio Gun Collectors Assoc. show look at a table by a guy whose name is (I think) Feit. I think he has a full rig. I don't dare ask the price. Nor do I dare even look at it. I need my car and don't want to hock it. A full rig, to me, is a matching Luger, mag, stock, holster and straps.

Big Norm

Unread 10-06-2001, 10:19 AM   #10
Dok
RIP

Default AND YOU CAN ALWAYS DO A SEARCH...

and find the threads if you do want to change how many days are displayed. I find that it just take too longs to load all those day everytime the main index is refreshed, so I have a "short" view, and do a search whenever I need to find something.

Dok

Unread 10-06-2001, 01:03 PM   #11
tom
User

Default Re: SORRY ABOUT THAT

I am fortunate enough to have a completely matching rig as you describe, including Navy proofed rod and tool. The best part about it is that it is marked to an Imperial Naval Zepplin Unit. Suffice it to say, one does not encounter Navy Zepp rigs often. .

Tom