LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-02-2016, 02:07 AM   #1
Bmi48219
User

Default Reloading for 9 mm Stoeger Navy

I'm new to the forum, been looking all over for a solution to my reload problem, this forum looks like it may be the place to ask:
I bought a Stoeger Navy model stainless Luger so I wouldn't ruin my two relics. Having a lot of trouble getting a reload to cycle the gun anywhere near reliably.
First I should say it cycles without a hitch using factory ammo. Tried several different brands of factory 115 FMJ loads, all work like they should. I can't get close with reloads. Usually (50 to 70 % of the time) the fired brass stove pipes instead of ejecting, once in a while a fresh round gets jambed against the top of the chamber opening.
I am using a Lee Hand Loader.
I full length size the brass & deprime 50 to 100 cases,
Clean them and mike the case length to Lee specs,
Prime the batch I'm working on,
Weigh each load (have tried 5.5 gr to 6.3 gr Unique in .1 grain increments, and seat Armscor 115 FMJ with a very light crimp.
Started out seating at 1.1625" COL and just tried 1.170 " COL.
This gun digests cheap Perfecta ammo that is shorter w/ no trouble.
No matter what load, length or bullet (experimented with plated 125 gr RNL too) it still fails to fully extract or eject. Just ordered some W231, thinking maybe Unique is too fast.
All the reloads that I can't get to cycle through the Stoeger work fine in my S&W 59, Radom and Astra 600/43.
Really hoping someone on this forum has experience with Reloading for a modern Stoeger replica. I don't think this gun has been shot much at all & everything works great using factory ammo.
Thanks
Vic
Bmi48219 is offline   Reply With Quote