LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 04-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #81
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

There are many State laws that might theroretically prevent such a scenario but it could be argued that Federal law trumps them. Just a thought.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post:
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #82
padredan
User

Mr Green, like many others who work on firearms is being cautious, and nothing wrong with that, he just wants to make sure that the guns he is working on and returning are lawfull. Federal laws will override state and municipal, but often there are municipal and state laws governing firearms in addition to federal. Yes it can get complicated. back when i was at texas dps we often worked with federal agents on investigations, once they came in , it became their investigation. In one case a dps officer had some problems alot like discussed on here, since we all knew the local atf agents , i actually shot with several of them in some pistol matchs. Anyway they took interest in what the dps officer told them and a field interogation brought the atf and the dps to this mans shop and home, it was in my locale, so i was there for support. Long story short, mr green fully understands how things work and wants no problems. you do not need the men in black at your door, trust me you do not.
Unread 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #83
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanks Eugene, I received the HO that you sent in a timely manner. Looks good. TH
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #84
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by postino View Post
I'll tell a little story (without an ending)...Back on 02/27/12 I phoned in an order for a Redfield micrometer receiver sight to a well-known Texas sight dealer (doesn't have a web site or email)...He looked through his stock, found exactly the sight I wanted, reasonable price [$57], set it aside awaiting my money order, and told me it would be 4 - 6 weeks for delivery...Huh??? 4 - 6 weeks to pack it up and send it out???

...It's been 6 weeks...I'm still waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by policeluger View Post
I know, use him from time to time.....he's old and slow, but we'er all getting that way
I know it's off-topic, but as Howard was nice enough to comment, I thought I'd follow up on this...It ended up taking 8 weeks, but who's counting...

My order (by phone) was for a Redfield No 75 micrometer receiver sight ['peep' sight] for a Remington 513T...I don't have a Remington, but I intended to mount it on an Enfield No 1 Mk III* ["SMLE"]...

The gentleman's name is Garry Fellers, and he had exactly what I wanted (No 75 w/target knobs & hunting aperture), in excellent used condition, for a very reasonable price...They haven't made these sights since the 50's (according to the box)...Garry travels to many large shows and buys various sights...That is his business...

I finished up mounting it this morning...I have another to do as well, and this time I won't remove as much wood...

Took me a while to get the tooling I needed; I'm not a smith and don't normally have the fine screws/taps needed...I also had to find a second base...I still need to cold blue the skimcut on the receiver and re-harden the base, and BLO the stock reliefs (and fix the cut charger bridge)...But I'm satisfied with the result...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sights_1b.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	26458  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sights_5b.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	26459  

sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #85
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

Looks like you have yourself a dandy shooter. My late Uncle used a "Smelly" for deer hunting for many years and brought home lots of venison for us to enjoy.
Unread 06-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #86
Curly1
User

Looks like the Lugerman has another unsatisfied customer.

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...1337-Luger-Man

Gary
Curly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #87
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts
Default Nice shootin tex!

Its always been there! Thanks Uncle Ed!!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #88
larryhoosier
New User

Default My experience with Eugene

I will post this timeline and let you decide if you want to do business with this fellow.
May 7, 2012 - sent email to "Luger man" via his web sight inquiring as to the availability of 2 P08 parts.
> May 7, 2012 - received response to inquiry, yes parts are available, and how to post payment yada, yada, yada.
>May 7, 2012 - sent order and check for payment.
waiting...
June 26, 2012 - emailed inquiry as to why parts which were already paid for (cashed and returned cancelled check) were not sent.
> June 26, 2012 - quick reply. "I will send them out this weekend."
waiting...
July 26, 2012 - emailed inquiry about parts
>no reply
waiting...
August 12, 2012 - sent inquiry w/snide note.
If anyone really wants to do business with this guy I have only one comment...caveat emptor
larryhoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #89
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ted and Natalie are some of the nicest friend I have.We we both close friends Ted and family. Dear friend were the result of exchanges we have had through our beloved forum. As in life a blister may arise and the best we can do is exacly what you are doing. Let our luger family voice your opinions. We will stand besides you!
Unread 10-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #90
Ken Kramer
New User

I would like to make the following comments about Eugene Golubtsov, AKA LugerMan.com.
***On June 6, 2012, I sent Mr. Golubtsov an enquiry as to how much he would charge to make me a numbered rear toggle pin for my Luger.
***He sent me a response on June 15, 2012 that he would charge me $100 for the part. He also said it would take him 8 to 10 weeks to make it.
***On July 9, 2012, I sent him a check.
***I have made numerous phone calls between then and now as to the progress on the part. Because he was not there, I left messages. He has not responded to any of my phone calls.
***On September 16, 2012, I sent him an email as to the progress on the part. He has, of course, not responded.
***On September 19, 2012, I sent him another email telling him that I either wanted the part or a refund. I told him that if I did not receive either one within 10 days, I would file a U.S. Postal Service mail fraud claim against him. And of course, I did not receive a response.
***I repeated the above again tonight. If I don't receive a response from him by tomorrow, I will be filing my claim against him tomorrow night.
***I will also be sending additional postings about him to all of the other Luger forums this week.
Can anyone give me a list of some of the other Luger forums that are on the Internet. I want to send it to them ALL.
By the way. This is a great forum. I wish I knew about it before I sent this guy my check. Live and Learn.
Ken Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #91
Curly1
User

Welcome to the forum Ken, I see you posted over on Jan Still's site also and hopefully your plan of action will get some results like the last poster on that thread.

Good luck and give us an update on how it works out.

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...een-ripped-off

You may also want post over on the gunboards forum. http://forums.gunboards.com/forum.php

Gary
Unread 10-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #92
LWaali
User

Just as an extra step to get guns back in situations like these.. calling the ATFE in conjunction with the USPS I would think would cause reactions quickly and possibly resolutions without lawyers.

Multiple federal felony charges on so many levels...
LWaali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #93
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default I agree criminal not civil

This Scum bucket obviously ignores civil threats. You don't need a lawyer. I know as I am! I would follow the instructions above and contact your local Congressman. You willl make faster progress and will get furthur support. Next blast every gun site! I'm sure we are all behind you! Eric Esq.
Unread 10-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #94
padredan
User

Welcome to the forum Ken. i have never had any dealings with the lugerman, but reading over and over about him and his way of doing bussiness i doubt i ever will. when i was in texas and with dps one of our officers had some bad dealings with some one like him. It really teed him off, and of course the person who was alot like lugerman, had no idea who he was dealing with. That officer after getting tired of the lies and no response took action. Contacting the fellow officers in his county and bringing in the atfe , who actualy conducted the investagation. Don't think the dps officer got his money back, but the offender had a really bad day and alot more to follow. not saying this is the case , but you may want to look into every recourse available, best of luck Padre Dan. just a added bit , Job} 4:8
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #95
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

So, Ken wanted a part 'made' and have it numbered to his gun.

Ken, sorry to tell you, but that is not an accepted practice to most collectors, funny that no one commented about that....

I would guess he used a 'blank' pin and numbered it for you - sure not worth a $100 to me....
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #96
Ken Kramer
New User

Actually he didn't use a blank pin and number it. He didn't do or send me anything. That is the whole point. I didn't want to have a pin numbered to misrepresent the Luger because I have no intentions of selling it. How about everyone that has their Lugers "restored"? Do they represent them as "mint" guns or restored guns. I don't see anything dishonest about any of it unless the guns are represented dishonestly. I also don't consider it an unacceptable practice as you stated unless, again, the gun is represented as mint or original which I would not do. The whole point here is that it was my money, and it would have been worth $100 to me if he did not rip me off.
Ken Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #97
padredan
User

Valid point, Mr Kramer paid for a part or service he never got, lugerman owes him the part or a refund, like it has been stated if he was replacing the part to represent it as being original then that would be looked down on. his point is that he did not get what he paid for and is seeking recourse and allso letting the members of the forum know of the bad bussiness practices of this person.
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #98
Curly1
User

Unless you plan on "taking it with you" no one lives forever and the next owners may not know the story and it will be represented as original all matching.

Just saying.

Gary
The following member says Thank You to Curly1 for your post:
Unread 10-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #99
padredan
User

allso Gary has a very valid point.
Unread 11-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #100
gunnertwo
User

This may be 'news' to the List. Lugerman has established a presence on FaceBook. I was invited to 'like' his FB page. There is already one adverse comment from a dis-satisfied customer. There is a link to his webpage business on the main page. Perhaps the unhappy might wish to leave a comment.

G2
gunnertwo is offline   Reply With Quote