LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 12-31-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Dan44
User

Default National Gun Day Show in Louisville

I'm thinking of a road trip with some buddies to a large show. We mostly do PA, Md and north VA shows, so is it worth the ten hour ride, hotel costs etc? Kinda want to see other dealers and their wares.
Dan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
Lloyd in Nevada
User

I have attended the last five SOS/NGD shows and I travel from Las Vegas, NV. Is it worth it? I think so if you are a serious collector and like to be around like minded individuals. I never fail (knock on wood) to find a very nice piece or two for the collection. I have made a number of friends at the show (other collectors) who I network with and we help each other find those certian vintage collectible pistols we are trying to add to the collection. I usually have several possibilities lined-up even before I get there for the show. This year I have a collector contact from Wisconsin that has a couple of very difficult to find Russian WWII handguns I am looking to acquire. So, the show especially SOS is what you will make of it. I usually get there Thursday and if you are a Ohio Valley Military Society member you can get in before the public on Friday. The show has a tremendous amount of militaria type stuff of all kinds and you never fail to find something interesting. Then to top if off you have the NGD show which starts on Saturday while the SOS continues through Sunday. Two guns shows running simultaneously is hard to beat. Every serious collector should make it to these shows at least once--and then you will be hooked. I have been to the Tulsa show and it is quite a show but I like these two shows better and find them better suited to my kind of collecting and interests. I am staying at the Executive West Hotel (which is sort of the offsite command central) it is just a few minutes from the airport and has a shuttle to the convention center anytime you wish to go. The rooms are good size (and pretty reasonable as rates go out west) and fairly large and the food is pretty good also. I would definitely recommend you give a try--I don't think you will regret it!
Lloyd in Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2005, 01:03 AM   #3
Dan44
User

Thanks, that seals it. Gonna go, I'll be putting in for leave and my name in for overtime for extra spending $$$$.
Dan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Dan, I agree with Lloyd, you won't be disappointed at NGD show, although the militaria Show of Shows is a separate admission. In June & Sept, Ron combines the two shows into one hall, but it doesn't seem to draw the European exhibitor like the Feb show. See you there, TH