LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Unread 08-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
tacfoley

Default 1906 Navy

Last edited by tacfoley; 02-14-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Unread 08-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

It sounds more like a 1906 first issue rather than a 1908. The 1906 first issue had the "GESICHERT" marking in the lower position and was made safe with the thumb safety in the upper position. Most were later altered to reverse the safety postion and were re-marked "Gesichert" in the upper position.
Unread 08-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #3
Big Norm
RIP

Tac,
depending upon condition and whether or not it had an appropriate magazine, that might not be a bad price. Of course, there is the concern as to whether or not something was welded in the barrel.

Just knowing the date of a navy isn't enough. The internet has driven prices in the USA crazy.I just saw a 1917 navy on an internet auction that was for sale for $5,000. The pictures made it look pretty nice and it had a matching mag. I bought one just last winter in just as good a shape that also had a matching mag for $3100.

Just looking around the big dealers sales and talking to a couple, it is hard, even for them, to find good guns for sale. FGS is planning a trip to Europe but they think that they might not bring anything back The Europeans have noticed the price increases in the USA and they have caught onto it. Then there is the currency situation.

There was a brief discussion on the artillery section of this forum regarding an Erfurt artillery for sale by Simpson. Kinda high price for an artillery that is third in line of rarity among the WW1 artilleries. But, you know, anybody has the right to put any price they want on anything. And everybody has the right to refuse to buy it.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

Tac,
Not a single word of what I wrote was aimed at you dear fellow. I was just commenting on the faulty date stated by the seller in the description you quoted. I added the little detail on altered 'Gesichert', prompted by your "[not sure what THAT means]", in case anyone else wondered why I questioned the description. The altered Gesichert is a feature of a 1906, not a 1908, hence my comments.
Unread 09-06-2005, 03:36 AM   #5
Big Norm
RIP

Tak,
I trust that since you know their ages, they were all caught? In America, three of these creatures would be put in a boys home until they were 18 and then set free. The 21 year old would get a years probation.

If drugs were involved, the news media in America would hide this story for one issue on page 16 of section C. Even then, it would then focus on the need for more gun control and totally ignore the drug involvement, which I believe, our news media in America totally supports with its deafening silence.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2005, 02:13 AM   #6
acowboy
User

not so much since the slaughter in New Orleans....lots of people who were antigun 2 weeks ago have certainly changed their opinion about firearms for protection...

by the way guys,,,,glad to find you again....thought this forum was lost!!!!
acowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Welcome back acowboy... It's easy to find your way back...

The name: Lugerforum.com... the name hasn't been changed because there are no innocent's here... only new Luger collectors and enthusiasts... and "old-timers" who like to help them.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by acowboy

by the way guys,,,,glad to find you again....thought this forum was lost!!!!
no, never went away.... had a couple of blips, but other than that John Dunkle keeps her up and running!

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote