LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Unread 05-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #1
Danny R. Bowles
User

Post 1906 navy

Hi Gentlemen I,m new to the forum and would like to say it really seems like a nice one with some great members. I have a question about a 1906 navy of mine.Its about 95% grade with all matching numbers, including the grips and mag.I can,t decide if its a 1st issue altered or a second issue.The lower part of the saftey is milled out and stamped in the upper position.It is safe in the down position just like the rest of my lugers.They are 2 American Eagles in 9mm and 7.65.A 1917 Artillery,a 1920 commercial and finally a 41byf. Any help would be nice, by the way the SN on the navy is 4 digit with no prefix. Thanks Danny
Unread 05-21-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts
Danny,

The lower milled mark and upper Gesichert stamp means that it is a first-issue altered. Any photographs?

I'm interested in your American Eagles. I'm working on a database of their characteristics, and would like to be able to include yours. I'm recording what model (1900? 1902? 1906?), serial#, calibre, whether or not they have proof marks, presence of a small Swiss cross on the left side of the barrel, position of the serial lnumber on the takedown lever, variation of thumb safety lever (raised checkered or raised fluted), and whether the grip safety lever is narrow or wide. Appreciate your input vey much.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2004, 07:52 AM   #3
Danny R. Bowles
User

Thanks Dwight, I was pretty sure that the navy was indeed a first issue altered but I needed someone to tell me.
Whats the value on this weapon? I thank you very much and I will get the Eagles out of the safe today and give you all the info you need for your data base.I,ll try and get some pics of these items also. Thanks once again; Danny
Unread 05-22-2004, 10:41 AM   #4
Ron Smith
User

Danny, Send me the Navy. I'll do some extensive research on it at no charge. I'll have it back to you in 30 or 40 years. OK!,OK!, make it 25 years.

Ron ;-}
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote