Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Unread 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts
Default 1906 Navy on Gunbroker

What do you guys think of this one? I bought a gun from this seller a while ago, communication is not his strong suit. Getting information out of him was like pulling teeth. At the end of the day I was pleased with my purchase. Regards

http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/View...Item=168188774
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
JoeP.08
User

Norme,

From the photos the seller posted I don't see any red flags. The photos could have been better and if I was interested in this "WK" grip strap I'd ask for better photos of the "key areas" before I placed a bid. If it goes, it will go for some "coin".
The grip strap marking looks good. There's a chip in the left grip panel, but not a big deal to me. The blue/finish around the frame and altered area looks good. I'd want better photos of the proofs, barrel markings, alignment mark, and receiver lug, etc. The shoulder stock is another big ticket item and will account for the high selling price, if it goes. The disc appears to be steel and correct, although a bad photo. I'd like to see the C/M on the wood. The iron looks clean, maybe too clean. It has a "Germany" export stamp in the right place so the iron may be an old re-blue? I'd ask for better photos on the stock too.

Like I said, if I was hot for a "WK" marked Navy, this would definitely be worth looking into further. Just my two cents.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Joe Pirolo
Unread 05-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Hi Joe, Thanks for your expert opinion. In my previous dealings with this seller, I got the old "I don't know anything about Lugers, but this one looks good to me" line. When I asked for additional photos, I was told that the guy who works the camera wasn't in that day. In the end I took a chance (it wasn't a very expensive gun and there was little downside), and it worked out OK. Regards, Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote