LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
FNorm
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default Artillery Shooting

At the range today, I loaded up the 1917 DWM for the first time. First at 15 yrds. Good tight group, 2.5 inches. Then I moved to the rifle range. Set up a bull at 100 yrds. Looked for it from the bench. Walked out and reset it at 50 yrds. These are old eyes are looking through bifocals. 10 shots, one complete miss, I jerked. One twitch, low at 4 o'clock, rest were in a 6 inch circle. I'm impressed.

Hand loads: New Win brass, Sierra 125gr, bullseye, 4.4gr. OAL 1.163

FN
FNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 04:50 AM   #2
Sieger
User

Default LP-08 Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNorm View Post
At the range today, I loaded up the 1917 DWM for the first time. First at 15 yrds. Good tight group, 2.5 inches. Then I moved to the rifle range. Set up a bull at 100 yrds. Looked for it from the bench. Walked out and reset it at 50 yrds. These are old eyes are looking through bifocals. 10 shots, one complete miss, I jerked. One twitch, low at 4 o'clock, rest were in a 6 inch circle. I'm impressed.

Hand loads: New Win brass, Sierra 125gr, bullseye, 4.4gr. OAL 1.163

FN
FN:

Tell me about the eyes. Mine were fine until about 51, then they started changing for the worse.

If you are reloading for your pistol, I'd slow the powder down considerably, as it does have an 8 inch barrel to expand in.

I've had good luck with SR 4756 and Power Pistol. Some like Blue Dot in the LP-08, but I've never gotten top accuracy with that powder.

Also, the sight ratio on the LP-08 isn't that much better than the standard 4 inch pistol. It would have been better to locate the rear sight as on the Navy model (rear of toggle).

Enjoy your pistol, as they really catch an eye or two at the range!!

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Sieger for your post: