LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-24-2001, 08:25 PM   #1
Dok
RIP

Default [LUGER FORUM CONVENTION ANNOUNCEMENT]

The Board of Directors of the Luger Forum have unanimously agreed on a date for the Luger Forum Convention. It will be the weekend of March 2nd. 2002.

Georg Luger's birthday is March the 6th, but as this falls on a Wednesday we could have chosen either the weekend before or the weekend after. The decision was made, when we discovered that March 2nd is actually Thor's 75th birthday, and as he has graciously offered to pay for all the beer we can drink over the weekend, we didn't have to think about it all that long.

The BOD will now start to plan the events of the convention, which among other things will include a trip to Ralph Shattuck's World of Lugers on Saturday March 2nd. My rough guess at this time is we will go from Friday to Sunday, but we will keep you posted on the meeting board that we set up for this purpose, which can be accessed through the General Information section --> Events Page.

Start making your plans to attend, a good time is planned, with talks by members, displays of some of the wares of some of the craftsmen in the forum, the trip to WOL, and a BBQ at GT's house... oh I almost forgot... and the birthday tar and feathering of Thor... not to be missed!

Dok