LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Closed Thread
Unread 04-13-2024, 05:25 PM   #21
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

I wrote in BIG letters because you were warned and still posted a second comment in the same thread.
I’ve been chastised for screwing up. It’s not a big deal and half the members are older than you.
The following 2 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post:
Unread 04-13-2024, 07:02 PM   #22
Bill_in_VA
User

In all fairness to Ed and Gerben, and the others, the mods have a tough enough job as it is without anyone trying to give them a hard time.

And in fairness to you, Keith/big open/Lefthand Thunder/Big Coulee/or whatever your handle of the month is this time, you have a habit of hijacking others’ threads and a habit of playing the drama queen and hapless victim you’re called out for your behavior. It’s a small world and most of us already know you and your behavior from other sites; it’s not like you aren’t aware of what you’re doing.

As far as the infraction goes, just about everyone here has gotten an infraction over the years. Move forward. Build a bridge and get over it. And in the interim, don’t hijack someone else’s thread, and read and follow the rules. It ain’t hard. But if you choose to wallow in self-pity, complain and self-victimize, ignore the rules, and generally be a pest, then don’t be surprised if the members point out you’re not a fit here and the mods ask you to move on. That’s happened too. (IIRC, it happened to you at Tuco’s/gunboards - remember?)

Follow the rules, relax, have fun, and learn and share among the membership. Again: it isn’t hard to do and most of the guys are pretty good fellows - online and in person - who love to talk Lugers.
John 8:32

reive (riːv) vb (Military) (intr) dialect Scot and Northern English to go on a plundering raid
[variant of reave]
ˈreiver n e.g., " Some view the Border Reivers as loveable rogues."
The following 9 members says Thank You to Bill_in_VA for your post:
Unread 04-13-2024, 09:55 PM   #23
big open
Banned

Bill ---- Thank you for pointing out and so graciously identifying so many of my faults and I'm sure you are only attempting to correct my errors. My problems you referenced as "Tuco's / gunboards" were credited to me during the months I spent in a hospital and a recovery center after having my left leg amputated above the knee . That was not a pleasant experience I can assure you. The Gunboards folks have banned me from their forum based on rules I did not violate during my hospital / recovery time. Someone using the user name "Big # Coulee" violated those rules (eleven infractions & other un-named violations) and I was rewarded for the infractions. You yourself used my correct user name "Big Coulee" so I'm surprised you didn't realize the difference between the two user names.
No matter, that is water under the bridge now and I have joined other forums (including this one) that is giving me pleasure corresponding with other like minded folks concerning various pieces in my gun safe. As I mentioned above, I'll continue to read all Luger Forum posts
The following member says Thank You to big open for your post:
Unread 04-13-2024, 11:03 PM   #24
big open
Banned

I'll continue to read all Luger Forum posts with dates ending in '24. However, I'll not reply to any of them until the "infraction" post associated with me is removed.
Unread 04-14-2024, 02:52 AM   #25
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,320 Posts

Jee-eez. I vote we close this here thread.
Unread 04-14-2024, 10:19 AM   #26
big open
Banned

ithac. ----- I guess you are right. Will closing this thread remove the "infraction" from the forum? If so I'll post replies to other posts I read here in Luger Forum. I'm sure that won't set well with some folks in the forum but it could be water under the bridge now. I'll have to admit I have "gotten a kick" out of trading remarks with a few of the folks here and I hope they have felt the same. Thanks ithac. for your understanding.
Unread 04-14-2024, 11:22 AM   #27
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,873 Times in 1,184 Posts

If you keep nagging about your infractions, you will get another one.

So stop complaining.
The following 10 members says Thank You to Vlim for your post:
Unread 04-14-2024, 12:44 PM   #28
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Never ignore an excellent opportunity to shut the F up. You have the right to remain silent...

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
The following 9 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post:
Closed Thread