LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 07-01-2001, 04:35 PM   #1
sal

Default Lugers

I'm interesting in purchasing a model P-08 luger. Can anyone help me out Thanks Sal

Unread 07-01-2001, 04:39 PM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: Lugers

Welcome to the Luger Forum. Please have a look in our classified section which is in the sidebar to the left. There you will find Lugers of varying quality and prices. Depending on what you are looking for dealers such as Simpson, Shattuck and Heller may also provide you with a Luger. These folks can be found in our Links & Resources section.

Dok (Webmaster)

Unread 07-01-2001, 05:24 PM   #3
Kyrie
User

Hi Sal,

Welcome to the Luger forum

Are you interested in a shooter Luger or a collector Luger? It makes a difference in the advice you wil need.

Best regards,

Kyrie

Unread 07-01-2001, 11:44 PM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

I suggest that you try Simpson Ltd at www.simpsonltd.com to get an idea of the number of different lugers that there are and the price ranges. Look for the different books on the luger in Simpsons site and decide on the type of luger that you want and what you can afford. Recommended books are JAN STILLS (imperial era, weimar era,and nazi era). These are three different books. Then there is a book called "Lugers at Random" by Charles Kenyon. A cheaper starter book is "Luger Tips" by Michael Reese. Its only about $10. But it has some luger price hints at the back of the book. Then you should find a luger collector and follow him around and see what he thinks about certain types of lugers. THEN YOU DECIDE WHAT KIND OF LUGER TO GET. Try to have your collector friend evaluate the luger that you decide to buy before you buy it. It is easy to get excited about a luger and to buy a "mistake". Never ever buy a blue book on the prices of Lugers. The books are too general and prices of luger vary widely not only because of the type of luger that you want but also on who you are buying from and why they are selling. Don't trust what a dealer says. They use "sales talk" and frequently don't know what they are talking about.

Big Norm