Pete Ebbink
User

Default Neat Navy Avatar...

In case anyone is looking for a Navy avatar photo to use :

Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 04:16 AM   #2
KGR84
User

hi, how i can fit the avatar to my profile?

i only able to insert the commics with garfield.
KGR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
Steinar
User

Roman, you will find "custom avatars" just below Garfield and firends
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
Pete Ebbink
User

There is a posted rule about avatars that says one must have at least 10 postings before a custom avatar can be used...
Unread 08-07-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
larry
User

Default What happened to the Navy's discussions

What happened guys? It has been some time since Navy's have been discussed.
larry
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

It is because we can't get that guy in Salem to post anything he knows about Navy Lugers...

Hi Larry... long time since I saw your name post anything

And there aren't many Navy Lugers around that haven't been bought up by the collectors on this forum... Even the "faked" Navy Lugers seem to have dried up for a while...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
Navy
RIP

There should be at least 4 coming up FS shortly as I sold some duplicates to Phoenix Investment Arms at Chantilly. All righteous guns, just excess to my needs...3 Imperials (2 unit marked) and a Weimar North Sea 4"

Tom A
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #8
larry
User

I only have only one Navy and it is a 1908. The little lady wanted to kill me when I showed my new acquisition to her so I know better than take that chance again.
I hope to get around to some of more gun shows and meet some of you guys now that I am retired.
John, as for not posting, I really don't have any real collectable Lugers to chat about. I just like to see what you guys have acquired. And I must say that you fellows have taught me a lot.
larry
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #9
jabshooter
New User

Well, gang- If anyone needs a safe place to store their new acquisition until the right moment strikes to spring it on your significant other..I might be induced ot lend safe room-
John
jabshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #10
KGR84
User

Yes, it's me again

I do not have a Navy Luger (unfortunately) but I like the avatar from Pete Ebbink.

Is it taken or I am allowed to use it?
Unread 09-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #11
Pete Ebbink
User

Roman,

Go ahead and use it...I do not see that anyone has indicated they wanted it for their avatar.

I "clipped" it off some old german postcards that appear on the European e-Bay web sites from time to time...
Unread 09-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #12
KGR84
User

He, thanks Pete
Unread 09-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #13
Big Norm
RIP

I was at the the recent Ohio Gun Collectors Assn (OGCA) in Wilmington, Ohio and FGS had a nice military 1908 navy for sale. Unfortuately, he wanted $8400 for it. So I walked off with my tail between my legs. I got two commercial 1908 navies at home and wanted that military navy. But I wanted my $8400 more. Maybe Doug will put this navy on his newly designed web site that he will be releasing soon. The gun looked good and hasn't been messed with (read that to mean that it hasn't even been restrawed. Thats a rarity in itself).

But all is well because I ended up buying a 1915 artillery holster with all the straps and the stock cup. (Sattlerinnung Eisleben) This holster also had 1916 ink stamped on the inside of the top cover. The holster looks in pretty good shape but the straps and the stock cup look a bit rough. I also got all the original screws and washers needed to screw everything to the stock. The stock that the guy had with it was repro and I didn't take it.

A little more walking around at the show also produced a 1917 artillery holster (G.Heinichen Dresden). This ones in pretty good shape and had an old looking cleaning rod with it. I'm real happy with this holster. The guy had a 1917 artillery with it, but I didn't want it. Maybe I should have asked to price on it anyway. But at the time, I thought that I have better ones at home. A very quick look at the gun didn't impress me. I guess that I was getting tired an I wanted to get home to see what Michigan State did in football. They won and I listened to the last quarter of the game on the way home. Bring on UofM!!!!

While strutting my stuff around the show, I came across another artillery holster but it was a repro. It also had a cleaning rod and a stock without its mounting iron. As I walked away the guy shouted at me "you can have it for $75!". Well, who am I to turn down an offer like that? The wood on the stock looked like period wood and was pretty beat up but I can't find an inspection mark on it. But what the heck, the price seemed right. It pays to be a handsome Luger collector with a great personality. You guys should try it sometime. Hee! Hee!

All in all, I would say that this was a productive show and afforded me a chance to test drive my newly acquired 2002 Winnago motorhome. I also met an extremely attractive and very nice lady at the McDonalds restraunt across the street. Unfortunately, she was married so we just talked. You can't win them all.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote