LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-24-2001, 12:45 AM   #1
Thor
User

Default Ricks Magnificant B#$%%##

Rick, thanks a bunch, comments like that really make my work worth while~ Thor

Unread 09-24-2001, 02:15 PM   #2
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: Ricks Magnificant B#$%%##

Hey Thor, shake it off. I know that I have personally enjoyed a number of your contributions to the forum. I really appreciate the amount of work that you and the board have done to make this forum work. Class act. Sometimes I get a little big headed about Lugers and think that I know everything about them. Then I read a few things on the forum or pick up pointers at gun shows and I realize that there are still a lot of things that I don't know. But you and I have both met people at gun shows and other places where they are arrogant, big headed, cry baby, whinning, know-it-alls. Just shake them off and go on to the larger number of really good people who really do appreciate the forum. Here's hoping that someday you and I will meet and have a cold one. I just hope that my little message makes you feel a little bit better. Keep up the good work.

Big Norm

Unread 09-24-2001, 03:17 PM   #3
Thor
User

Default Re: Ricks Magnificant B#$%%##

Actually Big Norm, I was thanking Rick for these nice words on his rework I recently completed! I was trying to "clean it up" a bit, but what the hey! See the MP attached pic. And I hope to have a cold one with you too! ~Thor~

[Well Hell Ted! I just can't believe that's "The Bastard". You have truly transformed it in to "The Magnificent Bastard". Those grips look great! Maybe I should buy them or some like them from Hugh. I'm overwhelmed. Thank you so much!

Rick]

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/RKAfter3.jpg
Unread 09-24-2001, 06:56 PM   #4
Ken F.

Default You Scared Me Too Thor!!!

By the looks of your first post, I thought we were going to witness a good old fashion "hoot-'n-anny"

Great looking gun!!! Save a cold one for me too!!!

Unread 09-24-2001, 09:11 PM   #5
Rick K
User

Default My Magnificent Bastard

Before Thor worked on it, it was just "The Bastard" since it is made up of two different guns. It's heritage is less than pure shall we say. Thor suggested that we call it the "Magnificent Bastard" after he refinished it. That's what Patton called Rommell in the movie. So I'm waiting to get it back so I can see Thor's work in person. When I do get it, I'm going to quote Patton again when he said,"God help me, I do love it so!"

Rick K

Unread 09-24-2001, 11:23 PM   #6
Viggo G Dereng

Default Re: WHY NOT NAME IT "ROMMEL"

He was the MB

ViggoG

Unread 09-24-2001, 11:49 PM   #7
66mustang

I'm a big Rommel fan, he was a general that knew his stuff. I just happen to be watching Patton tonight and see a lot of WW2 weapons I wouldn't mind having!

I went to a small gun show this weekend, saw a 1920 Commercial 7.65 ($600 not the best of shape, I'd have given them $450), an Arty $1500 and a Navy 6 inch like I want for $1100. Nothing else excited me.

Ed

Unread 09-25-2001, 09:51 PM   #8
Big Norm
RIP

A navy 6 inch for $1100. Now that would get me alooking real good.

Big Norm