LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 07-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #21
Olle
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhugh View Post
The ATF says you can shoot an artillery or navy with a shoulder stock as long as it is either an original or an exact reproduction but it has to be an artillery stock on an artillery Luger an a navy stock on a navy Luger, no stock on other Lugers. If they catch you with an incorrect mismatch it could put your whole collection in legal limbo. That's as bad asking the IRS for an audlt.
On the flip side: Don't expect an ATF agent to know the difference, and that could be a good or a bad thing. He could play badass and have you prove what kind of stock you're using, try to find out if your Artillery Luger is a build or if it came like that from the factory and so on, but I think most of them will just shrug and go on. I had a long discussion with the ATF agent when I got my FFL, and his attitude regarding the C&Rs in general was that they have bigger fish to fry. I showed him my Navy build, and his take on it was that nobody would use it for criminal activites anyway, so why bother?

Of course, there's no guarantee, but I think most ATF agents have so much to do with more serious gun crime that they wouldn't look twice at a Luger with any stock. Just my 2 cents.
Olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #22
m1903a3
User

While I agree with Olie that it's unlikely a random ATF agent would know or care, the real danger is if you somehow get on their radar for other reasons. At that point you are at risk of them having an NFA violation to beat you with. Also, bear in mind that if you possess either an Army or Navy stock (or exact replica) you better have a P.04 or lP.08, whichever is appropriate, to go with it. Under the law merely possessing the stock and the wrong Luger with a stock lug is illegal, you don't actually have to mount it. As long as you have the correct Luger for the stock you're ok, just don't use it with a different Luger.

Also. all Navy stocks don't have medallions. The early ones were shipped without them. Subsequently, when the Navy order the use of medallions, most of the early one were fitted with one. But, just as with the order to modify the safeties, some were never altered.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
m1903a3 is offline   Reply With Quote