LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-14-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
TheRomanhistorian
User

Default Vickers Luger problem

Hello all,

I just recently acquired a Vickers Luger which was pretty much all matching aside from an odd 6" barrrel with no numbers and similar finish and condition to the rest of the pistol (looks like an old refinish and overall rough Dutch Luger condition).

It functions fine and is a nice enough specimen considering how rarely I've seen them come up. However, I did notice on the front of the grip strap (mid-way) that the metal has thinned enough that you can see a 1mm x 2 mm sliver of silver which is the exterior of the magazine. Basically, it's like the grip thinned enough to make a small hole. It's not a huge problem for me in that I'd send it back (I hadn't planned on shooting this one much if it all and really wanted the Vickers as a way to bridge my Luger and Webley collections) but what type of repair can one do for something like this and how much will it ruin the collectible nature of this Dutch Luger?

I'll get photos after the 5 day wait period (no CPL).

Best,

Michael

Nos morituri te salutant - Supposed saying of the gladiators to the emperor ('We, who are about to die, salute you.')

'We are the lantern bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind' - From Rosemary Sutcliff's The Lantern Bearers
TheRomanhistorian is offline   Reply With Quote