LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 08-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
Jim53
User

Default Factory loads

Well here I am. Two weeks ago I looked upon the Luger pistol as one no self respecting gun collector could be without. I didn't own one, and now I have two. A 1920's DWM commercial, and a 1916 Erfurt with all matching numbers including the magazine. I don't plan on shooting these alot but believe all guns were meant to be fired and enjoyed. My question is does anyone out there have an opinion (dangerous ? I know) on which factory ammo works best in these pistols? I realize there are not alot of options for the .30 Luger and the sky is the limit on the 9MM. I already reload for a "T" series Hi-Power but do not want to run the risk of breaking non-replaceable parts with high pressure reloads. Any help is appreciated.

Jim
Jim53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim53 View Post
Well here I am. Two weeks ago I looked upon the Luger pistol as one no self respecting gun collector could be without. I didn't own one, and now I have two. A 1920's DWM commercial, and a 1916 Erfurt with all matching numbers including the magazine. I don't plan on shooting these alot but believe all guns were meant to be fired and enjoyed. My question is does anyone out there have an opinion (dangerous ? I know) on which factory ammo works best in these pistols? I realize there are not alot of options for the .30 Luger and the sky is the limit on the 9MM. I already reload for a "T" series Hi-Power but do not want to run the risk of breaking non-replaceable parts with high pressure reloads. Any help is appreciated.

Jim
If you search my name, you will find several newer postings discussing proper loads for both the 9mm and 7.65mm. These loads are designed around the orginal loading specs, and will not pound your Lugers to death, as will much of the commercial ammo available today.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Jim53
User

Thanks Sieger, I appreciate the answer. I will look into your previous posts. Jim
Jim53 is offline   Reply With Quote