LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-04-2002, 12:14 PM   #1
KGL

Default Opinion on 1917 DWM

Ran across one in a local shop today. Want to know an approximate value. Appears to be all matching, including wooden base mag. Has an extra non matching aluminum base mag that comes with it. It has a sear safety. Overall condition is in the 95-97% range. Bore appears to be very good, though may clean up better. Serial number is 1976 and all parts have 76 on them. Grips are also in very good condition. Does not appear to ever have been refinished, and the proper parts still retain their straw finish. Asking price is $830 plus tax. If I haven't provided enough info, let me know what else is needed. Didn't have my camera with me so wasn't able to snap any pics. Not even sure he would let me, but probably would. The possibility also exists I could wave some cash in front of him and walk out of there with a better price. Any thoughts or anything else I should be looking for?? TIA

Ken Lewis

GA

Unread 05-04-2002, 01:15 PM   #2
mlm

Default Re: Opinion on 1917 DWM

Sounds like a fair price--I would buy it and I am conservative in purchasing lugers.

dm

Unread 05-04-2002, 05:27 PM   #3
Roadkill
User

Did you disassemble it? I bought a "matching" gun on the word of the seller, it wasn't. I should have known better. And I don't think he really knew either. All visible numbers matched.If matching & non import, good deal. Offer $700 then go up. If non matching then lower. Mine is a non matching non import 1918 Erfurt for $625 that we both thought was matching. But then how many of these are you going to buy in your life anyway? Go for it!

Roadkill

Unread 05-04-2002, 06:03 PM   #4
Herb
User

If all is as you say it could be worth up to $1200 or so, but check out everything else to be sure it matches.