LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-03-2002, 11:06 PM   #1
peter

Default luger with a story...

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/pMVC-005F.JPG http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/pMVC-023F.JPG I just purchased this luger s/42 1938 97% with one matching clip and a 1940 karl bocker holster..the gun was captured by this veteran..xmas eve 1943...italy...a bunch of gemans were holed up in a farmhouse...the canadians sent in a creeping barrage..followed by this gentleman and his comrades...the germans were stunned and came out waving for surrender...this luger was taken from an officer..once the prisoners were sent back our boys discovered xmas dinner ready...plus a xmas tree complete with gifts...needless to say the boys helped themselves...the best part...no blood was shed!!!!this gentleman shared many wartime memories with me and is a really special person....it was a pleasure to meet him...

Unread 05-04-2002, 12:24 AM   #2
Dan Clemons
User

Default Re: luger with a story...

I would like at least one Luger with a written story that goes with it. Yours Luger has a terricic story. Thanks for sharing it.

Dan

Unread 05-04-2002, 07:36 AM   #3
Marvin
User

Peter,

What a beautiful pistol and a great story to go with it. Please write this story up and keep it with the pistol for posterity. When the next eventual owner has the pistol, it will keep the memories of what happened alive! As Dan said there are not many stories that come with them.

I have 2 pistols with a know history as I bought one directly from the veteran, and the other from a dealer. The one from the dealer had the Capture Papers and I did a search on the Internet for the person and found him. He had passed away, but his wife told me a little and she told ma about his "best friend" in service and he lived only 35 miles from me. I contacted him and he gave me the entire story about the pistol. I immediately wrote this down and have it to go with the pistol.

Marvin

Unread 05-04-2002, 10:38 AM   #4
Peter

Marvin...Dan...thanks for the interest...I have 2 more with stories will post when time permits..

Unread 05-04-2002, 12:45 PM   #5
66mustang

Default Love those real stories Peter (EOM)