LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-04-2002, 06:46 PM   #1
Aaron
Banned

Default Gun Show Report

Just got back from Orange County gun show and waded through acres of purses, belts, watches, zillions of knives (I always suspect knife dealers are convicted felons who can't own guns}, books, toys, hats, glasswear, pellet guns, flashlights, jewelry, real estate agents, jerky, habanero sauces, nuts, candy, and oh yes, a handful of GUNS! Except for one dealer with some high priced Lugers and Nambus, another dealer with an artillery (seemed in decent shape, asking $1,600 but I didn't examine it), there were three interesting shooters as follows:

1917 DWM stamped "Germany" with a few mixed parts, fair to poor bore, repro mag which fit so tightly you could hardly remove it, with a Lawrence Luger holster, half a box of factory ammo, a set of dies, asking price $495. Lastly, a 9mm 1920 date, no two matching parts, rough shape, asking $395. The last was quite interesting, a badly reblued 1920 commercial in the more desirable 9mm version, fair to poor bore, most numbers polished out. However, it had a mint pair of black widow grips, which I removed to examine, and they were the real thing, except that the left one had 1/4" chipped off the upper rear corner, asking $495. I'm sure any of these could have been bought for at least $50 to $100 off the asking price. In gratitude for letting me examine the gun and take it apart, I told the seller to get some repro grips on it and sell the BW grips separately. He seemed grateful.