LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Closed Thread
Unread 11-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #61
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Ron, You are our Prince Valiant
Attached Images

Unread 11-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #62
HuntMaster
User

Hello Mr. Wood,
I have not been a member here for very long, but in reading other postings, I can tell you I very much appreciate your knowledge and sharing of such on this forum. Please continue to do so.
I have much to learn, and will never be as serious a collector as most on this forum are, But I yearn for the knowledge I gain from here every day.
Kindest Regards,
Derek
Unread 11-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #63
Ron Smith
User

"Some people are taking my post/comment as an insult, belittling to others, a childish or immature attitude on my part, or improper conduct. You can interpret it any way you want, but there was no insult to Ron."

Albert,

You are not only insulting Ron Wood, you're an insult to both forums. You post theory and conjecture, when someone opposes or questions it you attack them with these childish insults.

You offer no proof other than your talking to other collectors on the phone, who have translated some little known and perceived documentation.

You purport to be a well liked and respected "Gentleman" yet attack others with with degrading comments and name calling. When you realize that you may have crapped in your lunch box, you back peddle and pretend to be repentant, and misunderstood, and then begin again adding smilies in lieu of intelligent commentary.

Your narcissistic egotism is overshadowed only by your pathetic transparency,and your child-like need for attention. Be it good or bad.

We have a saying, "Money Talks, and Bullsh*t Walks." So far I haven't seen anything that can be taken to the bank. Not even a modicum of evidentiary black and white proof of what you claim.

In the end, all that a man has is his integrity and honor. You have demonstrated a deficit in both.
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...

Last edited by Ron Smith; 11-15-2009 at 06:40 PM.
The following 3 members says Thank You to Ron Smith for your post:
Unread 11-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #64
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Ed, Ron just summed it up. Please put an end to this wothless bantor~!!
Unread 11-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #65
the gunman
User

Default Ron

Ron PLEASE WE NEED you. You would hurt us all by leaving. Your knowledge Wit and expertise can not be replaced. You are one off a kind. From the old school. Who's posts I look foward to. Please rethink this for all fourm members. We can not afford to lose a man like you.

Richie
Unread 11-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #66
Ice
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gunman View Post
Ron PLEASE WE NEED you. You would hurt us all by leaving. Your knowledge Wit and expertise can not be replaced. You are one off a kind. From the old school. Who's posts I look foward to. Please rethink this for all fourm members. We can not afford to lose a man like you.

Richie
+1. Ron, I too am a learner and very much appreciate your knowledge. Don't let some loud mouthed know-it all cause you to leave.

Charlie
Unread 11-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #67
drbuster
User

If Charles Kenyon did, in fact, receive the "Bulgarian theory" treatise from Albert, as he says, and furthermore, if Charles Kenyon did, in fact, agree that the theory is plausible, then with all due repect to Mr. Kenyon, I believe that he (Mr. Kenyon) should at least write an editorial in The Gun Report, as he is still listed as a staff editor. This is an important issue to us folks who consider ourselves more than novice collectors and who may possess both Bulgarian and Russian (Russian-Bulgarian) lugers. And also, I too, plead with Ron not to vacate this "Luger newspaper on the air" Forum. Ron's contributions, knowledge and experience are all too valuable to lose over unfortunate over-opinionated postings.
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #68
Mike B
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ron,
I doubt that I can add more to your value and credibility to the Luger collecting community. However, on a personal note, you have been a guiding light, a true friend and mentor. The unforgivable actions of certian unworthy so-called experts do not merit your time or cause for leaving those who respect you. We will all be without your guidance, expertise and fellowship. We will be lost without you. Please reconsider.

Mike
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #69
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

I think that if the forum administraters have the power to ban users, the choice is clear.....
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #70
RichSr
User

Eric
You have twice called for this thread to be closed. Just because you are tired of it should not preclude others from being able to respond. Please extend the same courtesy to others that I am sure you have been shown in the past.
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #71
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

No this thread is closed, i should have closed it a week ago, i can't beleive a curteous discourse can't be followed by some folks.
Closed Thread