LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 10-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
Jayhawk21
User

Question New Mauser Magazine?

Who made the new[1970] plastic bottomed magazines. And what would they be similar to in the WWI and WWII magazines. Are they considered good? Thanks!
Jayhawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,882 Times in 1,186 Posts

Hi,

The Mauser Parabellum magazines of the 1970's were produced some 50 kilometers from where I live, by MFT (Metaalwarenfabriek Tilburg) in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

At first they produced the complete magazines, later only the magazine bodies. Mauser then outsourced production of the magazine's small parts to other companies. Don't know which companies.

The Dutch company MFT also made magazines for the US-market directly, bypassing Mauser. These magazines were originally labeled with the Mauser logo and 'made in Holland', but after Mauser objected, only the text 'made in Holland' remained.

Initially MFT had problems creating decent magazines from the original P08 specification drawings. Mauser then sent a sample extruded Haenel magazine as an aid to get the proper dimensions.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Paul, These Dutch made extruded mags are exc mags, but since the Mauser Parabellum pistols are disappearing into collections, so are the mags. I only have one exc slightly used "Mauser" marked one @$100 and one "made in Holland" marked one available @$75. I also have a couple of NOS wood bottomed ones (for some of the commerative models) that I got with the Interarms parts stock, left @$150 each. TH