LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 03-07-2003, 08:08 AM   #1
Ed44
User

Post mauser question

this is off topic but it is still german. I am going to buy a mauser .22 cal rifle. The owner tells me that it was used on the russian front to snipe the russian soldiers. He is asking 150.00 for the gun, I shot it and it and it is silent when shot. We used subsonic ammo to eliminate bullet crack. It also has a bronze medallion on the cheek side of the buttstock. are there any mauser forums or anyone know of this rifle and were they suppressed from the factory?

Tahnks Ed
Ed44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2003, 08:27 AM   #2
Doug G.
User

Arrow

Click the link.

.22 rilfle forum
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:35 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
CAVEAT Ed, I would love to see some closeup photos of this "silent" rifle... just be sure that if it has a sound suppressor (silencer) even if it is part of the rifle's construction that you make sure the transfer is legal.

There is a $200 Federal NFA tax on silencers in this country. If the rifle is not already registered, then it is illegal to possess it if it is a silenced weapon.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
Ed44
User

John it is indeed suppressed but not an externally it also has never been registered since it was brought over after the war. The present owner is the man who brought it here in 1947 after WW II. I don't want to get into a legal battle about possession so if I cannot purchase it and legally register it than so be it I guess I will have to look into the legalaties of it. This man also has an mp40 which has a ball of weld on the very edge of the barrell is this considered legal? I have already bought all of his daggers flags and medals. Any help would be appreciated on the gun ownership. Thanks Ed
Ed44 is offline   Reply With Quote