LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 02-22-2003, 08:28 PM   #1
Brew_Ha_Ha
User

Post Import Markings

Upon my 1914 commercial army Luger, I wondered who imported this weapon. Anyone know what the E.c(maybe a t).C.S.A and below that is Auken N.J. Asumming it outs of New Jersey.
Unread 03-03-2003, 01:39 AM   #2
Bob Kovacs
User

My 1918 DWM has Pennsauken on it. Thats a town in new jersey. Maybe thats what yours really says?
Bob Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
Brew_Ha_Ha
User

I dont see the Penn at all...just AUKEN N.J. doesn't appear to be grounded off either.
Unread 03-04-2003, 08:02 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Probably just a bad stamping...The tool was not held straight when struck. I haven't heard of any other town in New Jersey were an imported of Lugers did business except for Pennsauken... which is just a little further than the other side of the river from Philadelphia, PA

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2003, 11:27 PM   #5
RockinWR
User

B_Ha_Ha,
* Yours is the third I've heard or seen.
* Mine is a classic VOPO, byf'41 w/ mixed WaA's in the no suffix block. Has 99% deep, deep blue (EG??) re-finsh with a Type III, 122 extruded Police mag. Mag has matching numerals; but, is in the "o" block with the Police #1 on the base. Bought it off a guy as a shooter in late 1990 in Dallas. Sweetest, single stage P.08 trigger I've ever experienced.
* Like yours, the First Line of Cap letters has the 1st "C" lightly struck. Saw another re-blue @ the Dallas Convention Center show a few years later and confirmed the "E.C.C.S.A.". Still couldn't make out the town in N.J. from this other piece. The marking's 2nd line was like our's....very faint on the starting letters of the town. Mine is also double stuck with one faint strike under/overlaying the deeper hit complicating the reading of this mark. Feel like I need a stereoscope. Under magnification, I read it "E. Hoboken, N.J"; but, could easily be pursuaded it is "Pennsauken, N.J." or even somewhere else.
* After 2 AutoMag requests, no luck in identifying the source of this inscription. I like you thought it was an importer's stamp.
* Thinking outside the box, I believe I read somewhere an Importer was required to mark the Caliber and Country of Origin by the '68 GCAct in addition to the Importer's name. I see no indication my example was marked with a Caliber/Country.
* So; what if these came in before the '68 law? Could these have been bought by an Association for its Membership & marked as a commemorative of the Assoc.?? Fund raiser?? Annual Banquet Prize(s).
* Anyway, being frustrated by the lack of leads & ID, I've wondered (fantisized) if the letters stand for East Coast Collector's (&) Shooter's Association or something similar.
* Does any one of our North Eastern brethern in N.J. or Penn. know of a F/Arm related organization/importer who utilized the "E.C.C.S.A." acronym?? Suggestions of name, date period, & location would be appreciated.
TIA,
WR
RockinWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2003, 08:52 PM   #6
Brew_Ha_Ha
User

Does anyone have a website url for the Pennauken importers?