LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-15-2001, 11:11 AM   #1
Thor
User

Default World of Lugers Trip

Details are being worked out, but it appears April is better for Ralph than the previously talked about March meeting. Ralph is also planning some events that may require a reschedule of the P.38 viewing/dinner at GTs that was so fabulous last March. I have forwarded my list to Ralph and he is putting some other people on it that he has already invited. The list will be limited as his place is not very big. He will make the final determinations on invitations, so basically I wont have any more input on who is invited. If I find out anything else I will let you know, but I think my envolvement will be limited. ~Thor~

Unread 09-15-2001, 02:03 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Ted and others...

In reading between the lines of your post, I will also say that my involvement will be limited, if I even go this year at all given the existing tenor.

Frankly, with the horrific events of this week - and the introspection I would have thought it demanded from everyone - I am thoroughly disappointed by the same "undercurrent" that appears to continue to exist. In a nutshell - how petty - given the horrific events that surround the state of the world today.

For that, life is too short to be put into a situation where adults are not able to forgive and put behind them brief indiscretions. I know I've posted/said things in this Forum I now regret as well - and I ask for those who I might have offended for their understanding and forgiveness for my comments â?? they were uncalled for and out-of-line. I apologize.

IMHO - friendships that bond us through a common interest (such as this forum and our passion for collecting) - should override our own pettiness. So â?? would I like to be a part of the WOL trip? You bet â?? but only if that event can be viewed as a platform for pulling friends together â?? rather then as a weapon for driving people apart.

Unread 09-15-2001, 04:40 PM   #3
Thor
User

Default Re: Ted and others...

Well John, I tried, as best as I could! I understand your comments exactly, I have even considered not going myself, or making a personal trip when I dont have to deal with thi mess. I am totally disgusted that this appears not to be possible to resolve. I might not get an invite, lol, which might be a blessing in disguise. What a shame people are so petty! Makes me want to throw up! Thor

Unread 09-15-2001, 05:46 PM   #4
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,104 Times in 1,429 Posts
Default Re: John D. Email Me please

John, Email me off the forum, would you? lugerholsterrepair@yahoo.com

Unread 09-15-2001, 07:05 PM   #5
Tracy

Default Re: World of Lugers Trip

Do you guys think that we should maybe put together a meeting off site in Phoenix (like NAPCA in Chattanooga) since the number of people who want to go far exceeds the number that Ralph can handle at his house. That way people that can drive to the area can display some of there collections as well. Also people won't get feelings hurt and we can still have a good get together trade items and shoot the Bull. It would appear that the Phoenix area would have a Hotel or area where we could have it. Most of us have to rent a room anyhow as we would be there several days. Maybe have a get togther dinner and have Ralph or someone else give a talk on Lugers. I for one don't want to see a breakup or problems within the group because we have gotten too large for private homes. Just an idea.

Unread 09-16-2001, 08:50 PM   #6
Sam Buscemi

Is the trip to Ralph's store by invitation only? Or can others of us who appreciate this hobby able to attend?

Unread 09-16-2001, 09:36 PM   #7
Thor
User

I believe by invitation. Details are still sketchy "As they say"

Unread 09-16-2001, 10:07 PM   #8
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default "Sketchy"???

Details are less then sketchy - downright silly, I'd say.... Anyway, if I get an invite - Sam can have mine. I'll see Ralph in January and at a seperate meeting later that year.

Seems folks just do not want to take responsibility for their actions, so I'll take a ticket later...

My Best to all....

Unread 09-16-2001, 10:44 PM   #9
Thor
User

Default Re: "Sketchy"???

Our Loss, that is a heart breaker, maybe some of the serious players could meet your there and skip the trip! You and Dok were two of the people I wanted to chat with the most! Thor

Unread 09-16-2001, 10:50 PM   #10
66mustang

I don't need details, but obviously there is something not posted on the forum, or else I *missed* something :>(

Ed

Unread 09-16-2001, 10:50 PM   #11
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default I Feel the same way, so....

maybe you, me, Marvin, Les and several others who have contacted us off the list could meet at Ralph's and in AZ..??

What say the folks??? I'd be willing to bring my Krieg collection for display and giving a talk on Kriegs. I also think Ralph would be up for this (I'll ask, though..??!!)

Thoughts?

Unread 09-16-2001, 10:57 PM   #12
Thor
User

Default Re: I Feel the same way, so....

I sure would rather go to that! Count me in and tell me the day, Natalie will change our plans! I would love to see the Kriegs, two meeting will make more room for others! I wish we could make it an Octoberfest! More Bier!! Thor

Unread 09-16-2001, 10:59 PM   #13
Thor
User

Hey John, since you and Ralph are closer than anybody else I know, why dont you run this by him! Seems like a great solution to me! Thor

Unread 09-16-2001, 11:02 PM   #14
Thor
User

Well, Ed, John Dunkle and I were in hopes we all could get this settled but alas, it was not to be! John has a great idea splitting up the meeting at Ralphs. Thor

Unread 09-16-2001, 11:06 PM   #15
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default I'd be delighted...

to ask Ralph about that...

Also, based on Tracy's post - maybe a more open meeting with folks involved would be a good suggestion...???

Let me ask Ralph and see what his schedule looks like...!!

Unread 09-17-2001, 12:27 AM   #16
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default I will be available for all!.......... :)

I will be available for either one or two groups.....at any predetermined time or times! I would like to see this event continue, I will do my best to make it so.....let me know guys! till....later....G.T.

Unread 09-17-2001, 07:09 AM   #17
Marvin
User

John,

Your idea sounds superior! Since I am not getting to watch the Forum that much, please make any decisions that will suit the majority and I will follow along with no problems. I would LOVE to see your Kreigs, and if I can bring mine on the airplane, I can get you to evaluate it in person then.

Even if the get-to-gether is off, I plan to go to Ralph's at some point if I EVER get out of this current assignment.

Marvin

Unread 09-17-2001, 07:33 AM   #18
Luke
User

I have made serious plans to attend the meeting if invited. One of my primary reasons for going out to AZ at the time of the meeting was the opportunity to meet some of the many folks on this forum with whom I have had phone and/or email contact.

Splitting the meeting into two parts probably means that at least some of those with whom I would be interested in meeting would be in the other group. I am too far away to make the trip twice in short order; and, even if travel were not an issue, I wouldn't expect to be invited to both meetings. Splitting the meeting would probably thwart my whole reason for going.

I suspect this problem will be common to others who had hoped to attend, so I am sorry to see it heading in this direction.

Unread 09-17-2001, 09:43 AM   #19
Dok
RIP

Default My two cents worth...

I may be somewhat in the dark here, and not knowing all the facts, I may be talking out of my ear, but my sense is that there is some contention between certain parties, and that these parties are trying to divide the Luger Forum. If that is the case, while I'm not in favour of splitting the visit to Ralph's, I think we need to perhaps shift our focus.

We have made the trip to Ralph's the central focus of our get together, and perhaps what we should be doing is planning on getting together as a Forum, with trip to Ralph's and GT's as adjuncts to our "convention". Given that Ralph could handle more than one visit, we could all go in two separate lots, and that way the external forces that have problems with some members of the Forum, can govern themselves accordingly.

Also this would allow all of us to meet and get know each other with an atmosphere of friendship and comraderie as the central focus, during which time we may all take different "field trips" that may be organized around the "convention".

I think the idea of having presentations during that period is also excellent, if we need to rent a large room or similar I'll be happy to pay my share. To hear John or Ralph speak on Kreigs I think would be and excellent talk.

I'm open to almost any suggestion, but I certainly think we all need to be together as a group.

Dok

Unread 09-17-2001, 10:02 AM   #20
tom h

Default Re: Phoenix trip

Dok, You've got the right idea. Some creative thinking is called for here. If Ralph is willing, how about spliting the visitors to his house into 2 shifts; morning & afternoon, or over two days, if too many persons for one day. That way we could all get together for dinner at a local restuarant and treat Ralph & Nancy to a night out. If a suitable date cannot be determined for Phoenix, I suggest we all get together for supper either Friday night or at the NAPCA BANQUET on Saturday, at the January Kansas City show. Tom