LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 01-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
Greggy_D
New User

Default My first luger

(I also posted this elsewhere in the forum in response to a question about SOG Lugers.)

Hey there....I'm new here at this board and wanted to contribute pics of my SOG Luger. I ordered via the web on Saturday the 8th and received it yesterday, the 12th. I called on Monday to request that the handpick fee of 25 bucks was added. Valerie from SOG was extremely helpful and I only asked for a Luger with Nazi proofs. I was hesistant to order from SOG due to all the horror stories, but I must say that I'm very pleased with what I received. I'm a complete novice at Lugers (I have Garand-itis) so any feedback would be appreciated. It looks like they sent a 1940/42 model which was made by Mauser. Fortunately it looks like all numbers match.

Question.....what letter is that beneath my serial number?

Here are some pics:

Unread 01-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
RockinWR
User

Lightbulb

Greggy D.,
* "c" block.
* Jan Still, Third Reich Lugers states 135,500 Code 42-1940 P.08's were made in the S/N range 7700z to 7000n. Yours fits right into that range.
* Assuming linear production, which was unlikely, you can interpolate an assumed day of Mfg. Likely you'll be +/- a month of the actual.
Respectfully,
Bob
RockinWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:50 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

... and Greggy_D, you only need to post once... if the material you post is inappropriate for the forum where you put it, then the moderators or myself will move it where it best fits... I don't think any of our nearly 2800 members doesn't read every post in every forum... so posting the same info twice isn't necessary.

Also, by only posting once, you only have to look for answers in one place.

Enjoy!

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote