LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-05-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
agilis

Default 7.65mm ammo (great site!!)

I have just found this site, and love everything about it, except for the lugerlust I experience seeing so many beautiful P08s.

I own four Lugers, 1937, 1940, and 1942 military Mausers, all in 98-99% original condition, and a 1920 commercial, in 7.65mm. I fire ny lugers on rare occasions, though I know it may be risky. I recently acquired the 1920, and am having feeding problems. It seems to me that the toggle is not kicking back far enough to pick up a new round. There is no jamming, the first round fires and is ejected cleanly. I suspect the ammo (Fiocci) is not hot enough to cycle the pistol. I wonder if there are replacement springs a bit less powerful than the original. I would prefer not to cut the old spring down. It is a beautiful, bright royal blue, the nicest Luger spring I've ever seen.

Suggestions appreciated.

Unread 12-05-2001, 12:08 AM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: 7.65mm ammo (great site!!)

Agilis, you are RIGHT on target with the AMMO. Fiocchi doesnt work in mine for the same reason, SAMCO is selling SAKO/LAPUA Finnish ammo is a more moderate loading I am told and it is not too expensive. Winchester loading is definetly hot and the SAKO ammo should be tried first. I load my own and it solved my problem! Thor

Unread 12-05-2001, 10:22 AM   #3
tom h

Agilis, I do have spare original (15 coils) recoil springs available, if you decide to go that route. Please check your spring. If it has 17 coils or more it is probably a replacement 9mm spring. Tom h

Unread 12-05-2001, 09:46 PM   #4
agilis

Default Thanks for the advice. (nm) (EOM)

Unread 12-05-2001, 10:19 PM   #5
bh

try swapping clips with one of the other guns you have...if that fixes the prob, then you have figgured it out the