LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 07-15-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
unspellable
User

Post Finish question

I have a DWM M1920 in pretty minty condition. The question is; did the M1920 ALWAYS have a rust blue finish or were some salt blued? This pistol appears to be salt blued, but also was apparently stashed in the vault since before WWII. It came with a DWM mnaual in German and half a box of corrosive primed hollow points (7.65 mm) from Winchester. (Waxy box with dark red lable.) I don't think Winchester loaded any hollow points or corrosive priomed commercial ammo after WWII. If it's not the original finish, it must have been refinished before WWII. So far I have not spotted any wear or polished down spots under the blue.
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2002, 11:29 PM   #2
Doug G.
User

How, did you come to the conclusion that it was salt blued? I believe that they were all rust blued, although with the 1920 commercials many things are possible. My guess is that if it is salt blued it is not the original finish.